Childcare in Drogheda/Donore

Home Forums Minder Finder Childcare in Drogheda/Donore

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dervilla

I am due my first baby in May and was looking for a creche from October onwards, has anyone any recommendations for a 5 months old baby, i know not a lot of creches take babies. I believe creche fees are very high also and am now thinking maybe a childminder would be a better option. Does anyone know of childminders in the Drogheda/Donore area?

Yvonne

Congrats on the pregnancy Dervilla! Not too hot on creches myself, was lucky to have family to mind my DD, but there is a creche on the Station Road in Duleek, I am sure they take babies… may not be ideal location for you though….
    Jellytots (On Rathmullen Road), I think take babies too, but don’t know anything about them.

kcireland

Welcome to Mumstown Dervilla.
    I know the Louth & Meath Country Childcare Committees have lists of registered childminders. You might want to give them call adn see if there is someone near you.

Taylor5

Miriam Rice from Ferndale creche take babies, she is wonderful and comes highly recommended by the phn’s. Ferndale is in the industrial estate, its just over the rail bridge at Knockbrack downs, so not too far from you

Happymammy

I would definetely recommend a childminder i advertised not so long ago for one and got a good few phonecalls. It worked out at €4/5 per hour. It was great she came to my house and i could just get up and go instead of getting dd ready etc etc no stress!! Do you live in Donore? You would get one nearer the time if you advertised maybe two weeks in advance.

dervilla

Hi happymammy, thanks for that i have been to a creche to have a look and see how much it is and while it was very nice it would work our dearer than my mortgage!! i’ll wait another while and try to find a childminer, i do live in Donore.

Happymammy

HI
    I now sometimes i wonder why we even bother returning to work at all. Best of luck with your search hun 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.