Jill’s Cookery Mid-Term break kids course

Home Forums What’s New on Mumstown? Jill’s Cookery Mid-Term break kids course

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    CaliGal

Well, I have two happy children!! They were doing Jill’s Kitchen cookery course from 2-5 pm for the past two days during mid-term break. The first day is savory foods (breads, tarts, soup, etc) and the 2nd day is sweet foods (cupcakes, iced cookies, etc).

Jill has a great setup in her home kitchen in Stamullen which is 5 mins from Gormanstown. Everything is provided which is a huge bonus! Aprons, all supplies and ingredients are provided for in addition to a daily snack and ample tastings of what is cooking. She even has provided takeaway tins to have the kids bring goodies home as well as a lovely recipe booklet. This is so handy as my kids have always been interested in cooking and done quite a few kids cookery classes. It’s always a pain to remember to bring an apron, takeaway containers, snack, etc :cry:

So essentially, you drop your budding bakers off and Jill returns them fed, happy and full of goodies for the family a few hours later…. Sounds like a great plan to me :lol:

Class size is small and manageable so every kid gets their own work space and chance to do it all.

Highly recommended. It’s €55 for the two day course offering over 6 hours of tuition so it’s very fairly priced. There are approx 10 kids from 5-11 yrs old but most seemed to be in the 5-8 yr old range.

Cooking and enjoying food are essential to life in my opinion. It’s great for kids to experience the joy of cooking in a peer class setting but have the intimacy of a family kitchen.

Check her FB page for more information and upcoming events!

https://www.facebook.com/Jillskitchen2012

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.