your opinion on Toy show/ toy show experience

Home Forums National Chat your opinion on Toy show/ toy show experience

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pinata ruth

Hi guys.

I’ve been on the facebook pages of the two major new Toy Show’s held for the first time this year. The Toy show Experience in convention centre three weeks ago and The Toy Show in the RDS weekend just gone. There has been huge backlash on both events and a huge amount of complaints. Both shows were discussed on the Joe Duffy show with the Toy Show (RDS) getting a huge amount of air time.

I traded at the Toy Show Experience and attended the Toy Show with my kids. I was rather hoping that both these events would be successful and continue into next year. What can I say they are my perfect audience!!

Did any of you visit either events? would you again? have you complaints? or even better anything good to say?

Jedt

The event in theory was a great idea but in practicality it was a bit messy. We went to the convention centre, we parked in the centre but were made to go outside and around the block and queue to get in – thats just daft, they should have let us in where we came in at the lifts.

There was absolutely no space for a buggy, we could not get up and down the aisles with the baby. If we had known how tight it was, we would have left her with her nanny but it was billed as a family event, so we did not think it would be unsuitable for babies.

there was a big push on selling toys, when we really wanted the kids to play with different toys so we could get an idea what they would really like from Santa. alot of the toys were still in their boxes are ready for sale and there were only one or two toy distributors selling toys and I felt the prices were very high. Smyth’s were not there and I think they are more competitively prices than the ones who were involved.

There was very little food & drink options available – this was a major undersight as we would have had sandwiches, coffees etc but the choice was limited to regular tea/coffee, soft drinks, hotdogs, ice pops etc

We got the kids ice creams, drinks & popcorn but the seating area for eating was awful. They had unstable trays on stands. needless to say, our 4 year old knocked one over and popcorn and drinks flew everywhere and that led to crying because their drinks/popcorn were spilled on the floor.

there was a wrestling ring which our kids thought was great but they were not allowed into it – so don’t understand why it was there?

there were not enough face painters – we queued for a while but gave up eventually without getting it done

On the plus side, we got some great ideas for gifts for them. the music area was fantastic, the book section was great and the soft padded go kart track was brilliant, they loved that.

I think the event has potential but they need some parents involved in getting it organised next year. I felt like it was organised by people who have no clue about children.

and of course, we loved the Pinata stand and sent lots of people that way for eppa Pig Pinatas!!

kjmam

we went to toy show experience on they day jedward were there BIG MISTAKE they only stayed for an hour and by the time we queued up to get in (2 hours) they were gone. very disappointed kids all round. whenwe got in was disappointed that there was only 1 toy store represented and i agree that there was very little for them to play with. thought that was the idea of it. also agree about the eating area very poor we left to go for food then came back. parking on the dayy was a nightmare we had to park down the road in jurys and cost was extortionate. if they do run next year we,ll have a packed lunch with us and go up onb the bus, worked out to be a very expensive day.

Taylor5

i didnt go, but i was talking to someone who went on the Friday the day Jedward was there. This lady was telling me her bigger boys had no intrest in seeing Jedward, but the meet and greet was at the top of the Q. She wasover 2 hours in the Q and felt it was very badly run, she siad by the time they got in Jedward were running up and down the stairs like nuts…. the Jedward q should have been for people who wanted too see them and anyone who didnt should have been allowed in too look at the toys
    It was the first year, so maybe they will learn from the mistakes

duyboy

There was absolutely no space for a buggy, we could not get up and down the aisles with the baby. If we had known how tight it was, we would have left her with her nanny but it was billed as a family event, so we did not think it would be unsuitable for babies.

pinata ruth

Did any of you get to go to the Toy Show in the RDS? Was it better or worse? There seems to be more of an outcry after that one!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.