You may absorb upto 200 chemicals before 9am.

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Skincare Expert You may absorb upto 200 chemicals before 9am.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

My mum and sisters using it now too – partly because I nagged them to try it but now they are converted as well :lol: :lol:

We have based our skincare brand on this research. If you have a shower, wash & condition your hair, apply a moisturiser, wash your teeth, use mouthwash, apply deodorant, hair spray, facial moisturiser, sunblock, makeup…it all adds up to a chemical overload of an estimated 200 chemicals by the time you leave the house. Research shows that the number of people with skincare reactions has increased which is no wonder. One in five have eczema and lots more have dry sensitive skin.

On our site we have lots more information on known nasties like Parabens, Alcohol, Formaldehyde and more..

Click on us on right hand side and enter our competition for a great baby skincare prize x 6 !

Save your skin.

Jedt
    Keymaster

We’ve been using Elave for a good few years now, I also buy Neways and Burts Bees products.

I started to become aware of nasty chemicals in personal care products when I was pregnant with my first baby. I had been using an anti stretch mark cream which cost a fortune and then there was a write up about it in a newspaper saying how bad it was – this was shocking news to me, how could a product for pregnant women be harmful? That struck a chord and I started to take note and read the labels on products from then on and tried to avoid SLS, Propylene Glycol and Formaldehyde where possible. Just this week there has been a lot in the media about the 12 week blow dry being banned in Ireland due to high levels of Formaldehyde,….

I am not too strict about it but I try to avoid the really smelly, colourful stuff, especially when it comes to kids products, I keep it simple for them and don’t overload them. Elave is a good choice as its in the shops and is affordable and the baby range is nice and has 33% off until the end of December. Burts Bees and Neways are lovely too but a bit more expensive and harder to get.

A few little changes can make a difference. Elave handwash is great because it lasts ages and when the kids put their hands in their mouthes, I don’t have to worry about them ingesting nasty chemicals – just the dirt they pick up from outside; don’t know which is worse actually 😆

beams

Just picked up a bottle of your Elave face wash and looking forward to using it ! 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well beams – how did you like the facial cleanser? I hope you are liking it, I’ve been harping on about it for ages…think its really luxurious and silky, hope you like it too

beams

yeah i love it Sabbi – very luxurious – defo will be sticking with this one 😆

Thanks for the great feedback. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.