Yes we can! Obama gets re-eclected!

Home Forums National Chat Yes we can! Obama gets re-eclected!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

He is a very charismatic & inspirational man and has just won his second term in office. Hope the next 4 years are better for him and the US. Glad he got in and not the republican, was not keen on him at all.

Well done Obama!!

Taylor5

Delighted for him, i was up watching the tv till late, when i went to bed it was 16 – 3 to against Obama! I was thinking he wouldnt get re-elected so delighted when i seen the news

Jedt
    Keymaster

And they said it was going to be a close call – he won by a landslide. Its good to see the Americans have learned from the George Bush disaster and are voting in someone with a brain!!

Yvonne

I’m delighted he is back in!

lellykelly

It was close…there was less than 2% between them in the popular vote. He may be able to deliver a speech impressively but I think if history is to look back kindly on him he needs to have a better term this tine round.

Taylor5

Its not like he was starting off at a good place 4 years ago! He is still trying to tidy up Bushes mess plus a global down turn

Jedt
    Keymaster

I think he is still tidying up the GB mess of high taxes for the rich and a very expensive war. He has done some great things, he brought in a healthcare plan which is a huge achievement for the US. Although, he seems to get a lot of resistance from the republicans which hinders things but he has asked them all to work together so lets see if that happens this term.

He also bailed out the auto industry – which he got stick for at the time – and taht bailout saved a lot of jobs and this industry is growing strong now and the government is making money back on the bail out – so thats a great achievement too.

I hope his next term is a good one because it may mean more FDI for Ireland – traditionally alot of US companies expand here because of our close relationship so it can have a knock on positive effect for our economy too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.