Worms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Berry

God i think i have worms :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JOKING!!!! I dont have an itchy anus :roll:

I worm my lot with vermox liquid, i buy one bottle and do the whole family, i said last week i wanted to reworm as it must be 12 months since last dose. I had ds1 sleeping in beside me (dh on night work so a little bed swap until sprare room was ready) I did notice ds grinding his teeth and he did say "oh my bum is itchy!!!!" Bing bing alarm bells for worms….. would you believe i stood in the chemist today saying "there is something i want to pick up!"

Highly recommend that your treat your family for worms regardless of smyptoms, or if you take the natural way or the OTC way

Berry

I was prompted to write this after reading a post from a few weeks ago. I’m a homeopath and my suspicion is that there are a lot of worms around in the schools and playschools. Here are some of the main symptoms that I’ve come across that indicate that worms are present:
    – A child that normally has no problem getting to sleep starts to have real difficulty dropping off.
    – Child becomes more difficult to manage – irritable – nothing pleases.
    – Noticable increased in appetite and/or a desire/demand for sweet things.
    – Constant picking at the nose
    – Upper respiratory cough that won’t shift or keeps coming and going – worse at night
    – Bed wetting out of the blue
    – Starts to grind teeth at night
    – Sensation of crawling/itching in the anus
    – Wakes up screaming
    – Headache

Checking for Worms
    Check at night that’s when the female comes out to lay her eggs. If you suspect worms check around 9pm and before you go to bed.
    You won’t always see them in the pooh – my experience is that generally only after a remedy or a worm tablet will you see them in the pooh

To Treat
    Can be tricky to treat. Reinfection is so easy – the eggs are microscopic and occur in huge numbers and sometimes they go undetected thereby keeping the whole cycle going. For some kids an over the counter worm medication will sort out the problem but for others it is a constantly recurring problem. Homeopathy can help as it looks to deal with the childs underlying susceptability to getting worms.
    Homeopathy looks at the particular symptoms of the child and the indicated remedy is then prescribed. The most frequently indicated homeopathic remedy is Cina.
    Symptoms that I’d expect to see if Cina is the remedy needed
    Intense irritability
    Picking at nose
    Difficulty getting to sleep
    Intense hunger
    Itchy anus

How to use:
    Cina 6c – 1 pillule, 3 times a day for 6 weeks.

Hope that this is of some help.
    Berry

i thought dd hadworms but she has mild astma nearly all of the symtoms are the same 😀

Moonflower

i must have a look for that stuff you mention taylor as i did hear any family with pets should worm themselves regularly along with their pets just to be sure….would prefer the homeopathic version though…..

scole1

the thoughts of worms uhhh, i was starting to wonder….we worm anyway here every few months, especially with the dog in the house…..and with school etc, and not knowing if kids are espcially hand clean with toys etc etc….

ds1 grinds his teeth, but think he does it on days he’s excited about something or anxious about something….

Taylor5

Scole i got you on that worm thing 😆 😆 😆

It really really has to be done, we do worm the dog, but its the other gobshites who walk the beach and leave their thurds behind…. if they dont pick up poo i cant see them worming

Jedt
    Keymaster

when we signed up to become parents we did not know about worms…imagine our shock when our 3 year old daughter started having trouble going to sleep and was waking up crying during the night and we had no idea why???

This went on for a few nights, so one morning, seriously sleep deprived, I shuffled into a chemist to ask for some advice and they asked if we had checked her for worms. I thought they were joking but no, they were not and so that night we found ourselves looking up our daughters bum with a torch thinking this was the maddest thing we ever did. I remember us looking at each other, me holding her while he held the torch and when we saw the worms – well, lets just say it shocked us and we’ll never forget it.

We treated her with the vermox solution but to be honest, there were some ingredients in there we did not like. did not know of a homeopathic remedy at the time, so will keep this one in mind if (god forbid) we encounter this again.

In fairness its a common problem with small children, we just had never heard of it until it actually happened to us…not one we want to repeat though. that and nits….oh the joys of parenthood 😆 😆

Taylor5

You should be worming 1 if not twice a year… keep the nails very short and spray toys after other kids have been playing etc…

On the nail thing, my ds1 should have been a girl,i have never seen nails grow so fast…. dh said to me "when was the last time you cut his nails?" So i do the on bath nights and im not kidding he had a bath on Saturday and he could do with getting his nails cut again… any other kids like this?

scole1

i know taylor you freaked me out telling me 😆 😆 😆

but we do it now as habit, no harm, same with lice, checked everyday, as we had a lice situation and never again….. 😆

scole1

ok now my bum and head is itchy…. 😆 😆

Taylor5

i know taylor you freaked me out telling me 😆 😆 😆

but we do it now as habit, no harm, same with lice, checked everyday, as we had a lice situation and never again….. 😆

Oh NO!!!! Just having a scratch here…. i run the boots comb over his head every now and then and nothing… its brilliant!!!

Off to scratch my hole…….. sorry too watch the tv! 😆 😆 😆

rossylisa

I worm DD regularly as well because of the dog, and I remember there a while back she kept waking up at night screaming with night terrors,and she was eating rings round herself, which is so unlike her because she picks at food but I happened to say it to my SIL, about the night terrors and she said to me she has worms,so I got the tabs and gave them to her and sure enough it stopped 🙄

Jedt
    Keymaster

Taylor – hows the scratching your backside going??? Thanks for that image I have now of you scratching away to Corrie 😆 😆

My son’s nails grow at an astonishing rate too, hubby often says to me, when is last time you cut those nails (because this is my job somehow???) but I would have just done them the week before. I am always at our 3 to wash their hands etc but you know kids, dirty little buggars most of the time!!!

eughhh, worms, its enough to turn me off the mini muffin I am about to devour now those 3 have gone to bed…nearly putting me off but not quite stopping me from eating it 😆

Taylor5

Sabbi how could you have that horrid image of me?………. I dont watch Corrie!!!

We have an after school rule, straight in the door, wee and wash hands

my dd is a witch for the nail biting she is doing it she grew teeth tried everything nothing works on her. she has a bad temper anyway 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.