Wills

Home Forums Louth Chat Wills

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MissyG

hi all,

myself & dh want to get a Will made up to get our affairs in order & have our kids provided for in the future, can anyone recommend a good solicitors that do Wills & if they are very expensive or reasonable?
    all info welcome!

missyg

libby1
    Participant

Hi

A good investment we did this about 6 years ago – we went to Paul Moore & assosciates in Dyer Street , Drogheda.

I have to say it was an excellent service very professional.

I don’t remember the cost – because they were involved in the sale of our house.

scole1

we must do this too, but if you have found your solicitor who dealt with the sale of your house they’d do it…..also if you sat down and did a will you and your hubby together and typed it up and both signed it that’s sufficent too…..i know this as have had recent deaths in the family, one never left a will but was all verbal, needless to say didn’t stand, the other wrote a will and had at home, and had it signed they could prove it was that person’s handwriting and signature and another had a real solictor will…..have a ring round and see what’s needed when making a will….

yummymummy

the only thing about making a will at home, is tax issues that may arise. i know j will get the house and a life assurance policy but this will be over the thresehold allowed for parent and child so ill have to make some provision for the tax.

something to think about.

noeleenw

we go to alison quaile in ardee she used to work with paul moore and is on her own now .. she’s very good and down to earth

MissyG

thanks i might try that place in dyer st – i would go with the crowd that we dealt with when we bought our house but they’re in tallaght, dublin!!! 😯 so we were looking for somewhere a bit closer to here, more convenient etc etc etc…

scole1

ah better off, pain in the bum to go to dublin….

MissyG

it is isn’t it??? even tho i’m a blow- in – moved up 3 and a half yrs ago, the thought of going to dublin for anything other than visiting family now fills me with dread!!! does that mean i’m a full convert to the lovely country way of living? haha 🙂 still haven’t made any appointments with solicitors, but i’ll be getting dh to ring a coupla places on monday morning!

scole1

yeah missyg you’re now offically a DULCHIE…..lol……

MissyG

lol like d sound of that!!! 🙂

mammycool
    Participant

Hi girls,

For those of you who are not married to your partners, the will can be very important. A friendof mine bought a house with a female friend. They drew up a contract stating what would happen in the event that either met someone and wanted to sell and also what would happen in the event of death.

To get around the issue with tax, they left the house to their parents with a condition that it be sold to the other friend at a nominal fee. I’m not too sure how legal that is – but would be worth looking into.

JR

H Girls,

I got mine done 2yrs ago, it was with Branigan Berkery Solictors on Laurence St…… It was €200 plus 21% vat on top which in total was €242!! But i have heard Paul Moore is lovely to deal with!

jeanette

hi
    wn i was pregnant, a lady in AIB told me that i should think about a will and that they would help me with it.
    so you could check with your bank see what they have to offer!

tnx
    good luck

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.