Will women get big and muscular bodies if they do weights?

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Will women get big and muscular bodies if they do weights?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Good morning Mumstown Members! :-)

You might let me know if you agree with this or not, but do a lot of us think that if we do weights we will get big and bulky bodies? I know I had always had that fear and if I ever did any bit of exercise I would be sure to always avoid any contact with weights!

But this week, I did some research into this topic for my blog (link below), and found out that I was very wrong! :-P

If you have had these same "weight fears" in the past, I hope you find my blog interesting and I hope it may help to clear up some common doubts! :-) And if you have any thoughts and opinions that you would like to share, I would love to hear from you! :-)

http://www.fotaisland.ie/blog/2012/06/j … o-weights/

Ana
    Fota Island Spa

Taylor5

No not at all, if you do weight training you can build lean muscle, but this burns more cals then fat, so its win win…. when i work out i use very light weights but years ago i used much heavier weights and i have slim muscles not bulky ones

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Taylor5! 🙂

How are you?

Thank you for your reply. I had always thought women would get big muscles if they did weights, but as you said – that is simply a myth! 🙂 I have to start losing my fear of using them now 🙂

Ana
    Fota Island Spa

Hawkeye

Even before you look at testosterone production, relatively light weights and high repetitions will simply tone muscle tissue. There are slow twitch fibres and fast twitch fibres that respond differently to stimulation. (Best example of how that works is to look at the difference between a marathon runner’s build and a 100 metre sprinter like Linford Christie). The actual heavy weights, intensity and rigorous schedule that is required to build muscle mass is light years away from the type of weight training that most people will do. As Taylor said, it is win win, as weight training burns calories as well as tone lean tissue. Many exercises with light dumbbells can be done while you’re watching TV 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.