Wiiliam and Katie

Home Forums National Chat Wiiliam and Katie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

So William is to marry Katie, or as she is now known Catherine :lol: :lol: ( yes that sounds much more royal like for when she becomes Queen :lol: )

I see she has Diana’s engagement ring on…nice sentiment from William but in all honestly would you want that ring???? I would say its cursed..that poor woman was nothing but miserable fom the minute Charlie put it on her finger.

…this will keep Sky News and the Daily Mail in business for months :roll:

Most of the Royals are actually nice people though I met The Queen, Charles, Andrew, Anne and Sarah in Buckingham Palace at a staff Xmas party ( my friends dad when I lived in London was the Queens head driver)many many moons ago..I think William is a lovely guy but I am not really into the whole idea of the Royal family any more and the hoopla that surrounds it..

Daisy37

Good luck to them but not all that interested in it TBH….not sure about whole notion of a Royal family, they don’t seem as relevant anymore but with the state of our government maybe we would be better off with one!?

hjs

Hadn’t realised but app Uk media has been calling her "Waity Katie" at which I pmsl!!!

She used to work for Jigsaw as an Accessories buyer but since leaving that in 2007 has been working for her mum and dad’s party games/bag fillers mail order business. She is supposed to be "ordinary middle class" but went to top private school Marlborough. I googled her outta sheer nosiness.

I like to hear any good news and feel that this is a more genuine arrangement than Ch and Di, and so good luck to them tho don’t see it as wildly relevant to me personally. Altho if I was still living in UK perhaps I would cos app they gonna have an extra bank hol to celebrate the occasion, nice one!

Think there are some monarchies who are a bit more realistic, Dutch, Swedish? Where they are more ordinary and less of a drain on taxpayer – actually does Holland even have a monarchy eanymore? Not sure, but somewhere like that maybe?

How would you get rid of them, I wonder, if the nation was so inclined? Dust down the old guillotine from across Lan Manche (lol!) perhaps? Maybe a touch illegal? They and their trappings are a big touristy pull into UK so can see that taking that into consideration and all the hundreds of years of tradition and history behind them, that might be as well to just let them be, but require more of a contribution from them/less state funding to them.

Anyway, not Ireland’s problem 😀 , just the tiny matter of the IMF/EU to worry about here!

happymumblemum
    Participant

She used to work for Jigsaw as an Accessories buyer

Ladies and Gentlemen may I please present your Queen..

Now everyone courtesy to her 😆 😆 😆

That says it all 😆 😆

Good to hear good news though .and yes I will be watching 😆 just outta nosiness..it is all so daft however…

Wonder if the media will start preying on her now..interesting to see how she will pan out…style icon? Charity Goddess? Toe Sucker? 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Ah best of luck to them, Poor william had a terrible childhood so wish him well in his marriage xxxx

i always liked him but the younger guy Harry has taken over, he is my fave

just hope the poor girl doesnt get hounded like her late MIL

hjs

Harry is onky his half brother anyway, did u ever get a look at Capt james Hewitt who Di had an affair with? Harry is the SPIT of him!!!

Taylor5

Harry is onky his half brother anyway, did u ever get a look at Capt james Hewitt who Di had an affair with? Harry is the SPIT of him!!!

God woman you will be taken to the tower of London and shot… or what ever they did 🙄 😆 😆 😆

My mother says that too…. he is more like Hewitt the older he gets, the spit of him! Love him anyway, he just looks so cheeky and full of life like his mother used to be

hjs

Hung, I think, Taylor!!!!

Or perhaps hung, drawn and quartered.

Now you know how to get rid of me, just report me to Buck House!!!! 😀 😀 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yes absolutely he is the image of Hewitt…its laughable 😆 😆

Yes hope the poor woman isn’t hounded..but she will be I am sure.

hjs

Yeah HMM think u will b proved right – goes with the territory.

At least she didn’t have to declare and be checked for her "purity" iykwim, a la Diana…

Wouldn’t have liked to be given dead mil’s ring either, well, not that one, with all its sad history anyway…

beams

I watched their engagement interview on Sky yesterday and was really struck by how lovely and genuine both of them are. William seems to have a wicked sense of humour and she seems a sensible girl….i think they will be very happy. Its a huge undertaking for Kate alright and having Di’s ring is a massive pressure for her but with her being so young and not living through the "Di era" she may not be as phased as someone who grew up looking at Di on the tv and in magazines all the time. I think they will be great together and cant wait to watch the wedding on tv…..just hope its not on the same day as my brothers wedding in July 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yes I fear the British Press will try and turn her in to Lady Di Mark 2, they do seem genuinely nice people though I agree….Diana would be very proud of her eldest..

Jeez I feel really old now, seems like yesterday Di gave birth to William and now he is getting wed…

She will be magazine fodder now..wasn’t there some deal with the Newspapers to leave William alone..or was that just whilst at college??..wonder if the deal is over now and its a free for all tabloid extravaganza…

Bet the tabloids are desperate to find some dirt on the poor girl….must have been very hard to find a financee who doesn’t have any skeletons ready to tumble out of the cupboard..suppose he had to pick his girlfriend v.v.v.carefully 😆

beams

The agreement between the press and the royal family was to leave William alone until he finished college. I dont think the press coverage will be as bad as Diana – back in the 80’s and 90’s Diana was THE celebrity and to be a celebrity then you had to have done something , achieved something…..not now , where we are saturated with celebrities and wannabe celebrities. It was a different time then with Diana – people needed somebody to idolise ….her fashion, her life, her holidays , her men …. tbh i dont think the public have the same appetite as they did then. Best of luck to her and to William …hope they’ll be very happy and "live happily ever after……" 😀 😀

Taylor5

have the laws not changed since Diana?

I hope they leave them alone, saying that now i know there is an interview on sky…. i cant wait to watch it 😳

Martina
    Participant

Isn’t it nice to have a distraction from Banks & Things… its a bit of positive media to look forward to, mind you if they over do it on the Beeb & UTV we might be looking for Seanie Fitzpatrick to hold our buckets of sick, lol.

I wouldn’t care about the history of the ring, you can change any story of tragedy to joy if you write a Happy Ending. And its not as if she’ll be short on Jewellery, look at all those diamond crowns she’ll have to play with as Queen, they’ll be second hand Too…but would you turn them down???

I remember being in Manchester on Holidays as a teenager when Ch & Di got married, the street parties were fabulous, I think I was at half a dozen!!! Cept the one in Granger Avenue (it was a posh cul de sac and for residents only) funny how you remember things!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.