Why is the black bull green/white?

Home Forums National Chat Why is the black bull green/white?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know this is an arb question but does anyone know why the bull statue (above the black bull) was green around St Paddy’s and is now white?

I dd asks me every time we drive past and I have no idea why it isn’t black anymore.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

i ask myself that question every day? have to say dont like the shop since it was sold

Sherbert

I too was wondering the exact same thing and have the same conversation with my hubby everytime we drive by!!! Must be lazieness and not wanting to finish it!!!!!!!!

Jenny!!!

😆 its a great way to get noticed isnt it, seems like we are all thinking the same thing. my dd always ask me aswell, 😀

Sherbert

😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kind of reverse Marketing… do nothing to get noticed! 😆 😆

Taylor5

Would it not be copper of brass just ageing? Hence the green now its changing colour. Copper starts off as bright green (remember the facia on Scotch Hall when I opened) then its gets weathered and turns all different colours.
    I didnt notice it but will have a look when Im passing in a few minutes

Jenny!!!

nah i dont think so, it was bright illuminous green, now pure white.

Taylor5

Forgot to look at it, will do it later…….

Taylor5

I was giving an old neighbour a lift into town earlier and I said about the colour of the bull on the blackbull. He told me its Silver not white and he would guess that the green was undercoat paint.
    He did laugh and say only in Ireland would you see the likes, he said 3 English lads stopped him on the Dublin road a few weeks ago and they were looking for a pub on the Dublin road but didnt know the name…. he thought it was the railway as they were at the station, but it turned out to be the Blackbull. He said keep walking untill you see a pub with a big silver bull on top and thats the black bull…… he said they were cracking up laughing and thought he was taking the Piss:lol: 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.