Whistleblowers

Home Forums Louth Chat Whistleblowers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

I just wonder what harm this is going to bring…

It will probaly cause a lot of tension among Staff in the Hospital

yummymummy

watched this last night and it was very uneasy watching i must say but good all the same!!!

Taylor5

I watched it and found it very very moving, my dh couldnt watch it he had to leave the room. My birth on my ds was the very same a the girl from Fair City, my dh was thrown out when I was bleeding, but thank God I had a different outcome I didnt lose my womb, but the only reason why I didnt was that a second consultant had to be called in to approve the op.
    Thank God the second consultant said no and they battled for another hour to save my womb, I will always be forever greatful to the staff in OLOL and the work the did on me….. the sad part is that the guidelines that saved my womb were only put in place after and because of the Dr Neary case.
    I dont know, well we ever know why he did what he did? Did he think he was doing it for the better good of the woman or was there another reason????? I’ve never had dealing with Dr Neary myself but I know of a few women who have and they said he was a gentleman and the things he did for them both on a medical and personal level went above and beyond.
    I do think it this programme had to be made, its one of the worst cases that we know of in Irish medical history, just pray its the last of its kind

rossylisa

i was sobbing watching this… all those poor woman lost there wombs for what ❓ 👿

yummymummy

dr neary was my mam consultatn when she was preg with me 😯 😯

i dunno why he did what he did, guess we will never know the reasons!!

god love those poor women!!!!

Moonflower

I know a lady who lives near him and told me his side of story but i also did a course with a lady who suffered at hands of him and he took away her womb on her 2nd baby…..she had horrific scarring on her tummy,and was in awful pain for years afterwards……….still had tears in her eyes when she told me her story all these years later……

His story is of course completely different & he says many asked for this to be carried out and many women have since jumped on bandwagon hoping for compensation even though he carried out their wishes at time….

i will be watching tonight again,with tears,anger and sympathy….very very upsetting….

all i feel is that OLOL has to be one of best places to have babies now after all this negative publicity,the rules must be so much tighter…….but those poor women back then….

🙁

Yvonne

I too watched it, and found it very disturbing… was so upsetting. What was in his head to do something like this? I mean he must have hated women or… I don’t know, he was pyscho to do what he done anyway.
    But he was seen as some type of God there – why I’ll never know.

Dinomum

I didnt see the prgramme but my dp’s mum had her womb removed under him and the resulting hospital report into him found that it was medically not necessary…. I understnd that his own wife had died of cancer and mabye there was some deep seated fear in him but in any case, what he did was very very wrong….he caused an awful lot of pain and trauma for a lot of women and thank god he was found out. My heart goes out to his victims..

scole1

watched it last night, my heart felt for those who have had this done to them…..my dh also got upset about it, and worried also about me when the time comes for another baby it’s be c-section and hopes that all will be fine, but seeing how a c-section is done he was shocked……but i do have to say THANK YOU and say how strong and brave the midwife was to stand up and question what was being done, if it wasn’t for this woman’s bravery god know’s when it would have come to light…..

libby1
    Participant

I watched some of this last night, some of the scene’s were horrific, my heart goes out to those people who lost their wombs.

Nobody will ever know what was going on with Dr. Neary at the time.

I know he saved a lot of peoples lives as well..

Thank god, for the midwife who stood up to this, they need to be praised.

I had my two children in the OLOL , i have nothing but the Height of Praise for all the staff.

bunnacurry

Also watched the programme last night. Was shocked by it. It was terribly sad. The majority of these women were very young when they were deprived of having the chance of having any more children. Fair play to the midwife and everyone else who took a stand to expose what was going on. many lessons have been learned and many of us have witnessed that today with our births. I have nothing but praise for the way I was treated in OLOL during my pregnancy and labour. It is a first rate hospital in terms of its maternity services and offers a much better service than alot of maternity hospitals in Dublin, where the only way you can give birth is on the bed. I found the OLOL very progressive in way it operated the maternity services. Lets hope we never have to face that type of thing again.

Alison,

my mam was butchered by him. it was not done during pregnancy or labour it was done about 15 yrs ago a supposed DEFECTED womb…
    the sick thing about all this is , he delivered my sister and I and in between my sister and me my mother did have a pregnancy. Back then in 1975 my mother did not feel right on a Tuesday and this stage she was left 13 days over by him , he checked the babies heart it was ok ,and he sent her home did not start her etc. On the Thursday my mam was due to go back and she went in and when they id the doopler the babies heartrate could not be found. Hebroke my mothers waters let her go thru labour and she delivered a still born baby girl.=, due to his ****ing neglect. nothing could be proven at the time but with all this **** coming out now my mam is starting to wonder and she is so gutted over what he did etc as you can imagine

scole1

My God Alison, that’s is shocking terrible….really she should go and persue this, he deserves all the bad karma that he will receive, he thought he was a god but nothing but a twisted man that had power….

Taylor5

Ah Scole thats not nice!!!!!

Alison that was a very common avent in the 60 and 70s, dont forget they didnt have scan machines or anything like that and most woman were unsure about there dates not like today.
    My two aunts had to deliver still born babies, there is no other way. I think they dont do a section on still borns due the fact of the scar will be a reminder or somethnig like that.
    Your poor mum its very hard to hear that this programme is brining all this pain to the surface so many years later, maybe your mam should ask to see her files and get some help

I enjoyed last night programme, it was heartbreaking but it just goes to show how the irish medical service was for years, patient couldnt or would question Drs and they were treated like Gods

Yvonne

It was a very good programme – that girl was very brave to take it so far – and the midwife that reported him was great too.
    He was indeed a sick man….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.