Which Pram???

Home Forums National Chat Which Pram???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Missymay

Hi,

Back and able to chat again, was in hospital yada yada yada etc, but baby still kicking about, so I am happy :D

Anyhow I am now nearly 32 weeks pregnant and have not a stitch of clothing, buggy etc for the baby. I am still not up to shopping as I use to, but I can get out and walk/stand for limited periods of time. So I was wondering if the good ladies who access this site could recommend a buggy/pram to me, so i can at least cut down on time spent browsing (my former favourite passtime) and I can narrow down my search.

Just to say I dont drive and do use public transport, I know that affects the type of buggy to buy. Thanks for any advice.

Canucklass

Hi Missy

In the home stretch now!

I am in the same boat as you – don’t drive etc. We bought a Phil and Ted’s and we love it to bits! We take it everywhere including abroad so it is pretty versatile and easy to use.

Take care of yourself and best of luck! 😀

Missymay

Thanks Canucklass,

Will bear in mind what you say, on home run thank god. I have just started to look and the choice is mad, I went to Mothercare in Drogheda and due to panting and other strange antics the assistant asked me if I was in labour 😳 but there was one girl there who was really helpful and explained quite a lot, so I am a little wiser. Thanks again.

Canucklass

Aw bless! Take care of yourself

Tony Kealys in Coolock is very very good as well. Go early on a Sat or Sun though or you will stand in line waiting to pounce on the next available customer rep. But well worth the wait as they are very knowledgable and will try the buggy in your boot, show you how to use it etc. Pays to shop around obviously and do your research ahead of time.

Best of Luck!! 😀

Missymay

Me Pounce, more likely fall on them, maybe if they think I am in labour they will deal with me quickly and get me out of their shop!! Or I might pretend I am a back to nature mother and just sling the baby into a pillowcase tied around my chest!

Actually heard that place is great, thanks for the tip of times to go will try it, take care also.

Canucklass

LOL at pillowcase!! I love it!

Taylor5

I got a big travel system when ds was born, it was great but very heavy to push and lift in and out of the car. When he was 1 i changed to a maclaren techno xt and I love it, it can be used from birth even thought its a lightweight buggy, I have the little footmuff thing which would be more like a cocoon for small babies.

I’ve spent so much Im sorry I didnt buy a phil & teds to start off with, I think they are fab and if you have a second baby you dont have extra expence of a second double buggy

noeleenw

try the baby department in smyths i bought a graco travel system for 99 euro , i paid 250 pounds 7 years ago for the same one , they also have mamas and papas stuff too! I found moth*rcare a bit expensive , i am due in may too cant wait

Taylor5

Did you check out tkmaxx baby clothes, I could have bought a truck load of new born stuff the last time I was there, but dont even know anyone pregnant.

noeleenw

that sounds good tk maxx here i come

Missymay

great thanks, I will try all those places, never thought of TKMaxx or Smyths for baby things, and will ring around for stockists of Phil and Teds. My knowledge is expanding, knew it was a good idea to get onto this website, when you are house bound like I have been for the past four months its hard to get advice as I am not even from this area, amazing how people just dont find the time to keep any contact, wonder if there are any other mams etc in same position. I think I will start up new thread on this issue 💡

Thanks again.

Taylor5

I think the phil and teds are about 700 euro so if you have a budget be warned.

Missymay

OMG, the price of these items, its crazy, but I am lucky I can get it if its suitable, can use the money I use to spend on drink, which is quite substantial 😆

Taylor5

I know I was the very same, its shocking at how much money you wasted when you were young free and single.
    I’d love another baby so Im sorry I didnt get a p&t buggy, but my ds is 2.5 now so by the time I have another babs he will be long out of using a buggy.

If your thinking of having a second I’d get a P&t’s as it will save you money in the long term.
    I have a big car with a big boot and it was still a struggle to fit a big bulky buggy, Im so sorry I didnt buy a maclaren from day one, they are only 200euro of cheaper. I get great use out of mine and ds is a big boy.
    Dont go mad buying stuff as you’ll be surprised at how quick they grow out of things, you dont need half the stuff you think you do

Canucklass

Hey Missy

Use and abuse places like mothercare and Kealy’s for the information and knowledge and a their broad brand ranges – so you can test and check. Places like smyths don’t have staff in the "know" or "care" in my opinion.

Shop around for the phil and teds as well. We got ours from http://www.groovystyle.com (UK but can’t remember if they deliver to Ireland) and we got a great deal on the buggy, the coccoon, cosy toe etc. It will save you money in the long run and is the most managable double buggie around. Now I am not a person who buys brands for the sake of it or name drop for the sake of it and we did our research. You can come and give mine a push anytime! 😉 with my dd of course 😉 😉

A great place for baby clothes is Boots. Now not sure if the bigger Boots here would carry the baby clothing ranges they do in the UK but you can double check online. Inexpensive and normally good quality. Mini Mode and Molly and Jacks is their brand names. Baby gap baby gear is very good quality as well and generous sizes. Mothercare and Next sizes are generous as well so get a bit of mileage out of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.