Which is tougher?? Guys v’s Girls!!!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Which is tougher?? Guys v’s Girls!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My hubby & I are having a little dispute about which is tougher; an hour of bootcamp @Labfitness or playing a football match for 90 minutes.

Having done it for 6 weeks, 3 times a week, I think the bootcamp is harder (it is really tough!) but he reckons its the footie that he plays on a Sunday morning.

There is no doubt they are both physically gruelling but as I am unlikely to play a match anytime soon with a bunch of sweaty men and he has not done bootcamp, we cannot really compare properly!!

What do you think?? Need some opinions to help us settle it!!

Taylor5

Well he never met Laura so….. OMG 90 mins of footie wouldnt have a patch on 60 mins of bootcamp!! Is he for real, kick the ball have a little rest, run a bit kick the ball again, have a little rest, there aint no fecking "little rests" in Bootcamp with Laura or any of her classes for that matter!

Sabbi you have this one won in my eyes 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

A friend of mine started bootcamp this morning and he called in this evening looking very knackered and saying his legs are like jelly! He said it was way harder than he thought it would be and he goes to the gym 3 times a week and I think he expected to sail through it but he got a sharp shock this morning!

I love that my hubby plays footie, its great for him and he looks years younger since he took it up but I would love to do a bootcamp class with him – just to see which one of us would be on the verge of collapse first!! 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree that Bootcamp is very hard and the guys in Labfitness push people very hard but there is no comparison to a competitive match.

Remember a match last 45minutes each half and you are constantly fighting, sprinting, covering, pushing forward, tackling, helping out teammates and doing your best for the team. The majority of players come off the pitch with nothing left and you need a minimum 3 days rest before you could possibly play another match.

I would agree that Bootcamp and a very good training session would be at the same level.

Anyone reading this thread whose husband/boyfriend/partner who might be interested in playing over 35’s football…please drop me a PM or email to info@mumstown.ie we’re always looking for more players.

laura

you 2 are so funny!!! 🙂

OUR BOOTCAMP is designed with intensity in mind!! and i will have to agree with Sabbi… we have had semi professional rugby players doing it in the past, and they thought it was the hardest training session of their life!

In one occasion our duracell bunny (Vanessa) gave a trx session to a local football team..they all laughed when they saw it was a girl teaching the class… well after their session on the wed, they had a match on sat…they lost as none of them was able to run, bend down or do anything since they were in that much pain!! 🙂

The reason why people find bootcamp tough is simply because we do a total body approach. When you do a specific sport or fitness class (such as jogging, football, walking, swimming) you only use a specific set of muscles ALWAYS in the same way… this in turn creates muscles imbalances, and after time the workout stops being as effective (maybe you loose 5 lb the first month and after that you get stuck)…

We approach the workout in a different way. You never work the same set of muscles, or at the same intensity, we keep your body guessing what’s next, hence why have DOMS (delayed on set muscle soreness) the day after all of our sessions!..

so in conclusion:LABFITNESS BOOTCAMP IS WAY HARDER 😉

Hawkeye

Love it! 😆

As someone who once upon a time played soccer, gaelic football, basketball, did karate, danced and taught aerobics, I have to admit, the intensity of a well structured class will usually be tougher (and as Laura said, will have more of a "total body" impact).

I remember an episode of the orinal Fame series where a local american football team were told they had to take the dance class to improve their fitness, which they laughed at. They weren’t laughing at the end of the class 😆

It’s only fair that a few of the lads from the football team attend one of Laura’s classes to be followed by a soccer match a week later???

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks Laura!! 😆 😆

You know, I think the great thing is that we are both active and trying to get and stay fit (even if we have a little too much competitive spirit for our own good!!)

But Laura, I think there’e only one way to settle it – we may have to get him down to you some morning for a bootcamp session and then he’ll know what its really like!

I said this to him today and he said he would go and do the hour and then, he would ask for a second hour – the cheeky git!! (I told him this would come back to bite him in the arse!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

For those reading and enjoying the Banter in this thread…I have been to some of Laura’s classes in the past so I’m not new to the experience. I’d gladly go to a Bootcamp class or anyone of the many classes on offer from Labfitness.

I have stated in the past that the Anit-Gravity Yoga is the funnest class I’ve ever had…you have a smile on your face the majority of the time.

I’m standing by my original statement that a 90 minute competitive match is tougher…if proved wrong I have no problem admitting it…so if you want to put me to the test???

Oh and Laura anyone who sees a girl teaching a class and thinks they’re in a for an easy ride with Labfitness has another thing coming!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

That sounds like a challenge…..over to you Laura!!!

(if possible, can you please run him ragged if he gets a chance to do a bootcamp class with you, otherwise, i’ll never hear the end of it!!!) 😆 😆

laura

ok Admin…so this is the challenge im giving you…talk to your team mates, pick a day of hte week that suits you and myself or one of my super girls will give you a ‘typical’ labfitness class!

munchin
    Participant

looking forward to hearing the outcome of this 😉

laura

we had a new guy joined bootcamp this morning..he did the session with Vanessa 😀 .. he plays rugby, gaelic and soccer… he just mailed me saying he cannot get out of his chair in his office 😀 😀 admin are you ready for the challenge?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Laura you should tell him to pick one sport…seems like he’s spreading himself a little thin 😈 lol

Ready and looking forward to the challenge…give me your best!!!

Taylor5

Bring it on Laura… Oh Admin you will soooo eat those words!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

We should all head down and watch, i love to see grown men cry 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok Bootcamp is booked and I look forward to a nice easy workout.
    It’ll probably be similar to our warm-up before a match!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.