Where to buy coal?

Home Forums National Chat Where to buy coal?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

I remember someone posted the best place to buy coal a while back, only looking for maybe 2 40kg bags of good quality coal…. i dont know what type of coal is the best (havent had a real fire in about 10 years)

So what i need to know, where to buy? Also What to buy? I want a good price but i want a good quality coal….

chewieodie
    Participant

Myles Coal…. don’t have his number to hand… normally in the leader though.

Otherwise I’ve been using Martin Hamill & Sons Ltd
    phone 087 6414216

For e50, I’d be getting 3 x 40kg polish coal, and 1 logs….
    We’ve swapped over to him due to DH reckoning quality better.

Taylor5

so your dh thinks Martins coal isbetter? Thats very good value, does he deliver? I got 2 20kg bags in home base blackdiamond coal for 20e, was going to go to the garage but they had no coal in stock

chewieodie
    Participant

Yip, he does deliver….. 😉

Both are good…. but Martin seems to have big chunks of coal, which DH likes. We are very happy with him…. and the logs too… just the right size.
    You won’t go wrong with either I think.

Maria30

Town & Country in Duleek have good quality coal. I cant remember their prices.

They dont do delivers but I m sure the lads will throw it in the boot of your car for you.

Waffy1

Town & Country are €13.50 for a bag of Triple Heat coal. Best coal i’ve used. Have a real fire the last 11 years & it’s the easiest to light & best heat. Don’t deliver tho.

Taylor5

Town & Country are €13.50 for a bag of Triple Heat coal. Best coal i’ve used. Have a real fire the last 11 years & it’s the easiest to light & best heat. Don’t deliver tho.

I take thats a 20kg bag of coal from town and country? They couldnt be selling 40kg bags for that price!!!

As chewodies coal is 40kg for around 16e

Maria30

Spoke to dh and town & country do a 40kg bag of coal for €14.50 or €15.50. Its in a pinky coloured bag and its good quality

chewieodie
    Participant

With ours you’ll be factoring in delivery costs…..
    Works out well for me, cos I couldn’t be bothered going to collect it.
    And it is polish coal…. very good quality…. DH is happy.
    All delivered into my back garden this morning. Love it.

Just see what suits you best Taylor…. 😉 Sounds like a good deal at Town and Country too.

Maria30

Chewieodie,

Thats a great price including the delivery. It saves you having to drag the bags of coal out of the car when you get home too and you dont dirty the boot of your car either 😀

Fabienne

🙁 🙁 🙁
    if I had a fire.
    Looking at the radiator is not the same 😆

In my next house or my next life.

Fabienne

Taylor5

🙁 🙁 🙁
    if I had a fire.
    Looking at the radiator is not the same 😆

In my next house or my next life.

Fabienne

Fabienne i only got my stove fitted last week, im delighted with it….. Dont know town and country sounds good but i like the idea of it getting delivered to the door, it will be me collecting it so dont fancy hauling a 40kg bag out of the car

Chewodie does your man do bags of slack?

chewieodie
    Participant

no idea hun….. sure, give him a call… he is very helpfull…. 😉

Taylor5

How long would your 3 bags of coal last you? Also how early in the day do you light your fire…… sorry for all the questions
    I did lite it at 11am last week so it would be lighing for ds coming home from school…. but novility is wear off, i was thinking about 3 or 4pm on days like today and earlier on cold days

chewieodie
    Participant

Well, we have afire most nights…. typically I’d light around 4pm or so, but over the weekend it would be on from the morning….

if i don’t light every day, then the coal goes longer…. otherwise if the fires are massive, I go through it….

But he comes to us every two weeks…. and we would normally get 3 bags at a time…. so, on average 3 bags would last us 2 – 3 weeks….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.