Where is best

Home Forums National Chat Where is best

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sunshineday

I am looking for a childcare facility for my son (aged 3) for when I return to work in the next couple of months. I have ruled out childminders because of too many bad experiences. :cry:

I just wanted your opinions on where you think is best and why.

Thanking you in advance for your time.

libby1
    Participant

I have a childminder for the last 11 years would def recommend Childminding rather than Childcare faclitiy

Taylor5

What general area are you in? I do think childminders are the better option, but if you dead set on creche Ferndale up near Tescos is a brilliant place

Sunshineday

Hi Libby1,

thanks for your reply. I have had 3 childminders so far and was appauled when I came home early (to check up on them) to discover what they were up to, now I know that there are some fantastic childminders out there and some parents are very lucky to have them I just havent been able to find one personally and I am too afraid to go down that route again.

Thanks to Taylor also,

I have heard ferndale is excellent also and I would love to send my son there but unfortunately they are all booked up. 😥

scole1

what about daisy chain can’t remember the name of the road….

but here’s the website
    http://www.daisychaincreche.com/aboutus.html

Jedt
    Keymaster

We sent our kids to the Willows in Donacarney and they were excellent – I often came to pick up the kids early and never had a problem with them. My son is now 7 and still talks about his pre-school teacher from the Willows – she was fantastic!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with 3 childminders! If you have your heart set on a creche thats your choice, but if you still feel childcare in the home could be an option I would always suggest contacting Louth or Meath County Chilcare and they have a list of notified or registered childminders.

I’m a childminder myself and I would always encourage parents to call anytime…..I have nothing to hide from them. As a Mum myself, I know I found ,and still would find it hard trusting anyone with my little boy. So flip it around and I totally understand how parents feel leaving their babies/children with me.

When it comes to any type of childcare I’d just say never be afraid to ask too many questions are ask to see your children any time of the day…..most good childminders/creches have no problems with any of this.

Good luck with your search.

Taylor5

The Academy in Wheaton Hall is meant to be very very good, heard alot of good things about there over the past 12 months or so.

MaryE

My son is in Peter Pan in Bryanstown & very happy there.

Sunshineday

Does anyone know anything about Bright Horizons?

Taylor5

Very good but VERY expensive….. i went to have a look for ds and felt it was more of a money maker iykwim, but that was just how i felt

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.