Where do you like to Shop?

Home Forums National Chat Where do you like to Shop?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    rcole

Dissapointed not to see Sainsburys make the list.

Do the majoirty there and the rest in Tesco and whoever has the best offers.

MNG

Hi Girls,

Rcole, i agree with you yes sainsbury who doesnt shop in there these days
    love the cashiers there everytime they are really friendly and really cheerful they had good training well done:D

i still shops in the republic too no doubt 😉

dispite the RECESSION who does not finds things are still as costly in the Republic !

remember always consumers are not stupid these days! 😉

MauraH

aldi on a weekly basis then usually Tesco every few weeks to stock up on stuff I can’t get in Aldi….

M

rcole

Hi MNG, Agree things are still costly enough in the South.

Going up to M&S Lisburn this weekend to buy a suit for a wedding. Last time I went up there I got a wopper M&S suit for something crazy like £40

WHealth4Life

We have M & S and Dunnes in Blanch, SC. My fav is M & S but we also go to Dunnes for practical stuff and brands I can’t get in M &S. I’ve read good reviews on other forums about shopping online in Tescos and thinking this might be a really good option for us in the coming weeks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As mentioned above, the poll is for Stores in the Republic of Ireland, it’s a marketing exercise for the Mumstown Team to try and help our members.

Thank you.

yummymummy

Im suprised at the amount of people who shop in tesco weekly……..i have seen several threads on different forums of their hikes in price etc. I dont find them cheap at all!!

trixiebell
    Participant

I was quite anti tesco until op trans, found it easier to get all the food in the one shop, but before there it was Dunnes, might venture back there this week for a change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for all your comments and votes…for those yet to vote or comment, let us know your thoughts.

Martina
    Participant

I shop mainly in Dunnes Stores, The Marshes, because its handy to get to, nice and bright and clean. The Long Walk is a nightmare for parking, your miles away if shopping on a Friday or Saturday and Dundalk Shopping Centre one is just manky, its probaly clean but it feels manky!!!

But I have to say I much prefer shopping up North the customer service in the supermarkets in Dundalk leaves very little to be desired. A lot of the staff are just downright rude and a cashier that hasn’t the manners to tell me how much my groceries cost drives me nuts. You know the ones that look at the till and then look at you with that fed up expression and then put out their hand for the money without a word spoken. Just to annoy them I ask how much it is and once upon a time one just looked at me and said "Are ye blind or wha?" to which I replied practically (a lie) so she told me my groceries were €160 and I said "a please would be nice" and she told me she didn’t have to say please to me because I wasn’t giving her the money……. I complained over the phone and next time I went to the store I was tracked down via my clubcard and given a box of chocs and wine by the store manager, but left completely freaked because of the way they tracked me down. I felt I was a marked woman didn’t go back for months.

Wilson

M & S and Tescos for food mainly. Find M &S the least amount of hassle. Too much bagage in the North from past history re security on door – re how it used to be here. I lived in England so really noticed different attitude here and a bit rude having men "on the door" don’t like: too intrusive so shopped online for awhile.

Wilson

My post didn’t show so take two:

I shop in M&S mostly and Tesco’s as well as local spar and mace. As in a small village found cashiers soooo rude. At Sainsbury’s garage I had a young girl harassing me everytime I went in but nowhere else to get petrol conveniently put up with it but was called names sworn at and even though complained to manageress who apologised at the time nothing was done about the young staff. It ended up with the police at my door one sunday afternoon accusing me of not paying what had happened was I bought biscuits on the way to a friend’s house and cashier started on me i telephoned the main store and manager agreed I leave money with him or post it . I left it with him but he denied it to police. Tried to phone head office in England but no help. Went to store with police who got the money I had left with the cashier for manager – was then asked by him/Sainsbury’s not to come back to any store. He had changed his story and said it is not re the money it is because I swore!! i of course denied this and said it was I who was sworn at and that it had gone on for over a year do you think I would wish to come back here.

Yes i felt stalked and even scapegoateI the policeman apologised and said they were given a story and that they had been shouted at to get out quick. It is harassment some of my neighbours were there as well and people from my childrens school. I was left totally shocked by the whole ordeal especially as it was I who was being intimidated. Obviously I would not recommend Sainsbury’s to anyone. It is the most serious abuse I have ever seen in a supermarket. And i never actually shopped in the main store anyway as i always found it to big.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.