Where do u do ur food shopping ?

Home Forums National Chat Where do u do ur food shopping ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    trixiebell
    Participant

Hi Girls

Just wondering where you do your food shopping in Drogheda?

I mostly would do my shopping in Dunnes in Scotch Hall every 2 weeks, but the week in between i would go to Lidl or Aldi.

Im just nosey arent i!!!!!!

laj

We do our big shop, about once a month in Tesco’s, then Dunnes and the local spar in between.

yummymummy

i do mine in supervalue cos it so big, you not bashing your trolley off anyone and it has its own car park, then my local mace for bread and milk during the week.
    sometimes i go to aldi when i feel like facing the crowd ha ha

a combination

ALDI for some bits, farm shop for veg and fruit, butcher for meat and LONDIS for everyday stuff

freckles

We tend to head to Newry to Sainsbury’s either weekly or forthnightly and do a big shop up there – it always works out waaayy cheaper for us too.

pinkbabe

When I was in drogheda for the summer we did our main shop in dunnes in scotch hall (even tho I prefer tesco) mainly because it was handy 4 parking but i found myself shopping daily aswell in tesco because i am so used to their stuff n i know my kids eat tesco own brand jam, cheese slices and bits n pieces. I am also a sucker for M&S and because I had to pass it everyday on the way back to the house I became a M&S cookie addict!!!

trixiebell
    Participant

Oh yeah pinkbabe! Id deffo agree with the M&S cookies, especially when theyre freshly cooked and still warm…… they are just to die for!! 😀

pinkbabe

I live to far away from M&S now thank God so I had to go cold turkey n I survived (Just)

happymumblemum
    Participant

I go to Aldi for juice, some veg and fruit, cleaning stuff and bits and bobs , get the bulk in supervalue, and meat in Samsons butchers- his meat balls are to die for he puts them in a foil tray for me to pop straight in to the oven serve with wholewheat spaghetti and tomato and olive sasuce, lashings of cheese yuuuuuuuuuuummmmy

kcireland

i like Dunnes in Scotch Hall .. it has such a great variety & beautiful displays … however, I shop there only in the beginning of the month, cause I can’t afford it by the end!!! than it’s LIDL here I come!

Lainy

Dunnes in SH and M&S, Staffords and Egans Food Hall… I’m not a fan of Dunnes though and I’m hoping we get a Superquinn soon.. Also where is Tesco? Is it the one on the main street? I never go there cos it looks tiny and there is no parking…

Sweetypie

I do a big shop every fortnight in Dunnes in SH. However, I also do a fairly big monthly shop in M & S but for food only , no household products. I absolutely love their food as the quality is always excellent and there is never a scrap left behind (says she after finishing the last of an M & S carrot cake and currently eating an M & S yoghurt!!!) Have to say I can’t resist their readymeals as they are gorgeous and so handy as they even come in the foil tray. I also shop in Staffords and the Black bull and a few other places in between. Not a lover of Lidl – only been the once – got the feeling of shopping in Germany!!! However, I’m sure it’s good value for some items. Hoping a superquin comes toGrangerath too for a change as I get fed up of a lot of the Dunnes stuff too.

pinkbabe

My kids love a multi juice thing they do in aldi n my bf likes their version of lucazade sport which is way way cheaper, wouldn’t be into using their washing powder but I know a few people who do use it.

nk12

freckles i trek up there too !! well worth it for the savin!! 😛

pinkbabe

I end up buying way more when I go to Sainsburys so it evens out cost wise but my kids love going to the cinema in the quays with dad while I shop.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.