when a topic is locked????

Home Forums Louth Chat when a topic is locked????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Why does this happen…..just reading the Grangerath topic and going to reply and its locked.

Was only going to give some advice I found useful looking for houses…

happymumblemum
    Participant

Generally it happens when a topic gets heated and brought about views which some people may get offended by..
    If you wanted to offer advice maybe you could pm, the original poster Scarlett I think.

I guess topics get locked because there will never be an outcome that suits everyone and these type of discussions can run and run and digress a lot from the original post…just a fact of life though on Internet forums.

Taylor5

Why does this happen…..just reading the Grangerath topic and going to reply and its locked.

Was only going to give some advice I found useful looking for houses…

Why not post up under new topic.. Advice for househunters etc.

Yeah think HMM is right, think its just to stop topics from running and running

I know my topic was locked last week for posting something i read in the paper, i know it was locked due to legal reason

Scarlett

I had no idea it was locked ! I do remember being quite shocked at someones response.

Feel free to pm me or open a new thread !

Yvonne

Yep that would be the reason alright, but I don’t think it should happen… we should be able to talk freely and sometimes offence will be taken, but it is a public forum… maybe a post from Admin to remind all to ‘calm it’ and then if it carried on lock it….

Have to say it rarely happens though!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all,

That particular post you’re referring to was closed because the initial question was answered in detail, many people spoke about areas which had no bearing on the original topic, the conversation strayed off topic and we felt it was in the best interest of our members and the website that it was locked.

As most of you know, we very rarely lock a thread and its something we will only do if we find necessary.

Please feel free to pm if you have any additional queries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.