Wheaton Hall Montessori Academy

Home Forums Louth Chat Wheaton Hall Montessori Academy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    OMK

Does anyone know anything about this facility?

Babs

My weeboy started there when it first opened but he didn’t settle (not due to the facility but he just wasnt ready, only 2 and VERY clingy)…I found the two girls who run it to be lovely and really professional…I have heard great things about it since…you have to go with your gut though as what suits one won’t suit another kid…but it is defo worth a visit!!! Have you been yet..what did you think?

Taylor5

I dont like the look of this place but was talking to someone who would deal with them in their line of work and they told me its a lovely place very well run and the two girls are lovely….. good luck, go have a look and go with your heart.
    I was going to book my ds into Bryanstown was delighted with the place until I seen the room had velux windows, I didnt like the fact he wouldnt be able to see out and I felt a bit trapped in the room….. so didnt send him ( i know a silly reason but I couldnt have spent 3 to 4 hours a day in that room so I wouldnt expect ds to do the same)
    Good luck

OMK

Thanks Ladies,
    I’m not sure what to do…
    I did visit and funny enough didn’t like the fact that the children couldn’t see out of the windows. I was assured that the children would spend a large amount of time outside. My son would be in the afterschool group part-time so wouldn’t be there very much anyway. I then heard negative things about the original lady owner – have the owners changed? I thought the two ladies I met were lovely?
    I did phone Peter Pan as I’ve heard good reports about it but they don’t collect from the school…

Babs

Yes the two ladies took over about 2 years ago…they are lovely…would love to hear from someone who has a child there…I know what you mean about the windows..Only now that you say it I recall thinking it was very dark!! My poor chap didn’t last a week so it didn’t become an issue 🙄 🙄 Thank God he now in playschool and REALLY happy…its all about getting the right place to fit your child…Good Luck!!

Happymammy

This Montessori is lovely! Karen and Siobhan that run it are lovely people. They have a lovely outdoor area for the children to play. Highly recommend them. Best of luck 🙂

Taylor5

Was posting some letters today and noticed that the WHOLE outdoor area has those spongey tiles, must have cost a bomb as they are 13 euro each in smyths

Did you look at the irish playschool in the boyne valley? As far as I know they collect kids too and the girl is lovely

Taylor5

If your looking on the Dublin Road have a look at little treasures, its up the lane across from the boyne valley hotel…. brillitant place, my ds1 started there he has brought home more Art and knows more songs in 2 weeks then in 6 months in his last place, comes home EVERYDAY singing a new song! Love the place and the owner is a real Lady, it is truly a little treasure

PM

I can highly recommend The Playhouse in Roschoill on the Dublin Road. http://www.theplayhouse.ie
    Gillian is fantastic with the children.

siob30

WMA has been expanded across four units it is very bright and colourful there is the smallwindows but the detail and equipement in the rooms make up for that. Well worth a visit.

siob30

This facility changed hands back in July 2007 completely renovated with highly qualified staff.

Taylor5

I never liked the look of Wheaton Hall didnt like the idea of the grass outside and the railings etc… But now its looks fab its says Welcome now rather then beware….
    Well done on the work done it looks great and there has been some amount of money pumped into the place

siob30

Hi Ladies, After reading your postings it’s clear there are a lot of misconcetions about our creche. Who owns it and where we are. The creche changed hands over two years ago. Siobhan and Karen now own it and received and full NCIP grant to expand the school. We now operate outof four units above the shops in Wheaton Hall. It is very deceptive from the outside, however it is very bright and airy with high ceilings and spacious classrooms. It has been designed with the help of the HSE. We would invite all to come and see the lovely facility in your area.

Kind Regards

Siobhan & Karen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.