Whats the Savoy in Balbriggian like?

Home Forums National Chat Whats the Savoy in Balbriggian like?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Has anyone been to the Savoy?

Where is it and do they have a carpark or do you have to park on the street? Dh wants to go to swords but I’d go to the sayoy as its closer. Ah feck might even get him to got to Drogheda, he want years ago and thought it was a dump

Thanks

munchin
    Participant

i couldn’t find the blooming cinema in drogheda – have a vague idea where it is
    went to swords last time and lovely cinema
    afraid don’t know about balbriggian but interested to hear alright

yummymummy

cant find the cinema in drog munch hahahahahahaha, itsdown where the market is held, at the back of king of kings chineese.
    taylor, the drog cinema is all done up now, new seats, recliners at the back, better view of the screen, i defo wouldnt be driving all the way to bal or swords for a bloody film 🙂
    even though i work in bal, i have no idea where the cinema is here hahaha

Taylor5

Neither do I yummy.

Swords it is as the movie dh wants isnt in Drog until next week.

Thanks anyway

posie

Hi Taylor. There’s a public carpark across the road from the cinema in Balbriggan. It’s ok but it’s very small. You’d nearly be as quick to drive to Swords to be honest and it’s probably much nicer.

munchin
    Participant

ah yummy don’t laugh at me – i’m a blow in remember!
    don’t know where the market is held and as for king chinese!!!!! 😆 😆
    i only found my way around drogheda after babs was born andi’d go up for walk around the shops! still only know main streets! and you have to driect me via the shops!
    i did take a drive in the direction i thought cinema was but i was driving and well dh god bless him didn’t see the cinema mind you neither did my nephew!!!!!!!! will have another go!

redbells

So the cinema in Drog is nice, as I have heard that it was awful? I would love to take the kids but have been a little wary since the stories I heard? Thanks

yummymummy

do you know where the tax office is munch??? well the cinema is in that area!!!

redbells, the cinema is grand it really is, its clean and comfortable. does me and ds fine, cant be arsed travelling to see film, im usually wrecked by the time the film is over 🙂

Taylor5

Went to the movies last night and dh said he would rather drive to swords then go to Drogheda again.

Its very clean, well is all new seats etc… but the seats arent as good as Swords regarding the level of the seat in front, if a tall person sat in front in Drog it would deffo get in you way, but not in Swords.
    Plus when someone was walking down the steps you could see their head on the screen 😯 Dont like the fact you can just sit anywhere and cant hold seats, its first up best dressed.
    Other then that its fine, would bring ds to movies there but not dh 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Missymay

I really like the Balbriggan cinema, its small, but really clean and not so busy and it sells all the usual stuff you would get in bigger cinemas, but I cant compare to Swords or Drogheda because I have not been to either and also I really like Balbriggan because its where I live so no big excursion, I know they have childrens showings, but dont know the exact details about that just yet, thats all ahead of me ❗ But I would recomend it.

Taylor5

Missymay where is it in the town? By the way swords is fab. The Mezz is great its 17.50 a ticket but that includes a large drink and popcorn, but the waiting area in the mezz/vip area sells bottles of beer and the seats are like 1st class airline seats, well worth a visit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.