WHATS THE NICEST PLACE TO LIVE IN DROGHEDA

Home Forums Louth Chat WHATS THE NICEST PLACE TO LIVE IN DROGHEDA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    songbird

:lol:I’d like to buy a house in Drogheda and I know it pretty well. Though its hard to know an area unless u l actually live in a place. What do u all think is the nicest estate or road to live in Drogheda in terms of neighbours, community spirit or a great residents association and no anti social behavior, though its obviously difficult to find all this. I have moved a couple of times and still haven’t found my ideal place. Would appreciate all your comments. Thanks.

Bredanna

😆 It has got to be the town centre, Patrick street or around Rope walk. Your are near to everything so you can walk and you wont have to pay for parking. These are old settled areas and there wouldnt be much trouble around there.

Biggins

Bieulieu View, Termonfeckin Road. only 36 bungalow homes, small estate, all settled. Everyone knows everyone, strange cars going up and down are noted if only because cars driving by do so very rarely, maybe one every 15 minutes at height! Extremely quiet estate and very tidy to boot. Few kids that there is, are polite and well behaved. The population of the estate consists of well known business people, a couple of teachers, nurses and paramedics, etc.
    No more building work can be done in the estate and well managed by the committee looking after the very friendly community.
    An "Educate Together" school (an excellent org’ and recognized by the government) is being built close by and opening soon.
    There is right now one or two homes for sale, however they are not cheap.

The only downer is that its a 20 minute walk from the exact center of town, but is on the bus route if you had no car.

Taylor5

Im find any of the housing estates on the Dublin Road, Grange Rath is lovely also Rosscoil, Five Oaks, Wheation, Bryanstown est (the old one not the new one).
    All lovely house, on the main road so on the Dublin bus route, walking distance to the train station.
    The only thing about the Dublin road area is that there is a huge amount of teenages as most of the house estates are well settled
    As a Dub myself I wouldnt go to the otherside of the town (the Northside) I lived over that side for 2 years and I HATED it, moved to the Dubin road area and i LOVE it.

Out of Drogheda Mornington and Termonfeckin (sp) are beautiful places to live.

yummymummy

hahaha its interesting to see everyone bigging up the places where they live themselves hahaha!
    me well i live on the northside! down the ballymakenny road and i love it, its sooooo quiet, but i will be moving soon to the termonfeckin road and i hope its just as quiet!!!
    i have lived on the southside for 2 years and it never bothered me which side i lived on to be quite honest. there are several estates in the town that are nice but then again with everywhere you will always find some sort of aspect of it that you dont persaonlly like!

Taylor5

Yummy I didnt big up my own estate but the general area 😆 😆 😆 😆
    Its so funny to hear you talk about where you live, I had my first house there and hated every waking moment while I lived there
    On the Northside Matson Lodge is lovely but dont come on sale very often. I also love the houses beside ballsgrove, they are in to the right think they are Highpark or something, they are older houses but they are stunning

welll defffffffintly not saint finians park i hate the place

yummymummy

yeah u are taylor hahahaha your bigging up the dubln road, why oh why would anyone want to live in a 5 min vacinity of a HUGE shopping centre, but them agian im not here to judge, to each there own!!!
    yeah i love where i am, i live in a cul de sac and there are loads of kids and tis really quiet!!!! although the walls are paper thin but hey it aint my house!!!

cant wait to move to my new house and hope its just as quiet, ill be living at the end of the estate in a semi d this time so maybe the walls wont be as thin!!!

you would know the dubs anywhere when they mention that they must live on the southside, ie grange rath and the likes 🙄

Taylor5

You wouldnt know Im a Dub you cheeky moo….. Yummy Pmsl her at how lovely it is where you live, it was only last year you had the neighbours from hell (well child from hell) 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

yummymummy

aw yeah but sure you get that everywhere and its all sorted now!!!
    sure i hated my next door neighbours as like i said walls are paper thin and they would clean at 11 at night but they are gone now 🙂 🙂

i like the estate in general as there is never any hassle, its out of the town and main roads and quiet!!

but anyway im not here to big up where i live as to each there own and i will be moving soon!!!

i guess you should just drive around at diff times of the day to estates u think u might like to live in and see what its like!!!!

joey_rudd

Yummy I didnt big up my own estate but the general area 😆 😆 😆 😆
    Its so funny to hear you talk about where you live, I had my first house there and hated every waking moment while I lived there
    On the Northside Matson Lodge is lovely but dont come on sale very often. I also love the houses beside ballsgrove, they are in to the right think they are Highpark or something, they are older houses but they are stunning

the street is high field, if its the one behind the school

MaryK

I think that there are good and bad areas on both sides, but we usually like to talk about the side we are on. Drogheda has some nice estates, but some god awful ones too. I think a cul-de-sac estate is the best with kids as it seems safer…but that could be on either side of the town. BTW is Termonfeckin the most unfortunate town name in Ireland? 😀 I know it’s coming from St Fechins, but maybe only us residents know that. 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

I live in Tullyallen and I love it up here, I dont know any areas particularly well in the town although a place that I always think looks nice is the estate off the North Road after where they are building the new garage there on the right going towards town..dont know the name but it looks nice and quiet and very handy for town.

I wouldnt like to comment badly on any particular estate though as it would only be through hear say and first impressions which is very unfair on people who may actually live there.

I think it would be impossible to make a sweeping statement between North and South sides of the town, just as it is any where in the country/world where this North /South divide argument rattles on without any kind of authority.

I have lived in North and South Dublin…North and South England..North and South France..North and South America…and North and South Caymans, and in all of these places have seen good and bad parts regardless of the compass!!

Regards to the original query, I can only say have a good drive around and look at the area a s awhole and factor in which is most important to you..e.g distance from town, near by shops/amenities, schools etc etc…

Best of luck house hunting.

yummymummy

my mam and dad live in that estate hmm and there si actually a house for sale in it at the moment!
    called mellifont park! grand and quiet indeed 🙂

happymumblemum
    Participant

WOuld be very handy for commuting to Dublin too, thats where I drop dp off for Mathews Coaches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.