what u think of Valentines Day!

Home Forums National Chat what u think of Valentines Day!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    soccermum

Happy Valentines Day.

Toaday is not about cards and pressies it is about spending some time in the company of your true love. So if its a nice meal with wine and trimmings, a luxury night away or a chat over a cuppa tea and a biscuit while you cuddle on the sofa… ENJOY.

hjs

@HMM lol!

DH gone to UK til Thurs so nowt doin ere. Don’t like it anyway.

Although he did hand make cards for kids before he left, so tha was nice 🙂

Financial Companion
    Participant

Decided to "beat" the valentine’s day hype, so on Saturday, took ds to Dublin (for something that will be for a completely different thread!!) then when we got back, dropped him home then went to Aldi and Tesco to do shopping (wish I’d heard Taylor’s ds’s version of the Barney song there 😆 ) got home, put all the shopping away, told dw to continue watching TV, got out some of the salmon steaks that I had just bought from Aldi, did one in olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper andone spread with dijon mustard, served with pasta cooked in veg stock, made a greek salad and then sliced some bread rolls open, rubbed olive oil and basil into one side and grilled (kind of bruschetta), opened chilled white wine for dw and merlot for me, cleared dishes away, lit a few candles (candles big thing in our house!) and chilled in front of TV for rest of night!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hope you got some action in return 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 Well HMM……you know those calories ain’t gonna burn themselves! 😉 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

FC – you are sooo romantic!! Hope she appreciated it!

Hjs – maybe you’ll get a box of chocs home from his trip? 😀

Nowt here today either – my other half likes to surprise me on other days (having said that….there have not been any such surprises in a while…..). Did get some lovely decorations and cards from my children, which were nice. Might light a few candles at dinner time; just for the kids really.

Taylor5

😆 😆 😆 Well HMM……you know those calories ain’t gonna burn themselves! 😉 😆 😆 😆

Yeah he got some Action…. he got to clean the dishes 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Im a happy bunny today, my porch is going in and dh said oh pay for it from my account, you use the money you have to treat yourself….. happy days, going to book us 2 weeks in the Sun, that was one expensive game of golf, but all is forgiven….. the Day spa treatment he booked for me did help too heal my sore wounds 😆 😆 😆 😆

Hjs got a fab photo from her dh….

Financial Companion
    Participant

lmao @ Taylor and HMM 😆

Sign in the window of a gift shop in Lawrence street….."Women are meant to be loved…..Not understood"!!

Think that said it all! 😆 😆

MaryE

I woke up this morning to nothing, not that i was expected a pressie but a card would have been nice, even a cup of tea in bed would have made me smile but dh hadnt even left me a drop of milk in the fridge for a cuppa & i was thinking "Happy F***ing valentines day".

Anyway, then i got a message to say that he was making dinner this evening – thought he would come home really late & start rooting through the freezer but i am impressed, he is home now (which is very early for him), came in the door with a bag of shopping & told me to go and sit down which is what im doing. Im all excited now.

I love when they make an effort – thats what its all about at the end of the day.

Taylor5

I woke up this morning to nothing, not that i was expected a pressie but a card would have been nice, even a cup of tea in bed would have made me smile but dh hadnt even left me a drop of milk in the fridge for a cuppa & i was thinking "Happy F***ing valentines day".

Anyway, then i got a message to say that he was making dinner this evening – thought he would come home really late & start rooting through the freezer but i am impressed, he is home now (which is very early for him), came in the door with a bag of shopping & told me to go and sit down which is what im doing. Im all excited now.

I love when they make an effort – thats what its all about at the end of the day.

Ah that is soooo sweet, even sweeter after you thinking he was doing nothing…. its the tiny tiny things that make a marriage work, its the cups of tea. Years ago i found a little note "i love you" and a chocolate biscuit hidden in my packed lunch, i remember that Valentine more then any of the others. Enjoy your dinner xxxxxx

FC that is soooo funny, but very very very true!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.