What type of contraception??

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth What type of contraception??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    babycam

When I was 7months pregnant I developed a liver disorder called cholistasis, It disappeared after the birth but as soon as I went on the pill,it returned (as the midwife said it might). Anyone out there have this condition?? If so , do you know of any reliable contraception that people with this disorder can use?

Sweetypie

Hi

I had this condition during 2 of my pregnacies (awful severe itching). I was advised against the pill too. Have just had her baby but have been advised to use Mirena.

SP

babycam

Hi
    Ive been recommended the marina too by my doctor but a couple of my friends had it and they had awful back ache with it

Jedt
    Keymaster

I had this problem too during and after pregnancy.

The docs told me pregnancy can bring it on. In my case I had to have my gallbladder taken out a few months after baby came along as the problem persisted. Since then the problem has been solved and I can use any form of contraception I want without it having an impact.

I did try to avoid having my gallbladder out but eventually gave in to the surgeons (and the pain every few weeks) and have been grand since had the op.

Not sure if that helps much..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.