what to do all day?

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents what to do all day?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    newgirl

i know dd is teething like mad at he moment so she is less than happy to say the least but my god i struggled to keep her occupied with usual toys today, walked, etc. any suggesstions as to what else we could do together all day to help bond and pass the time? what does everyone else do? remember ladies, i’m not driving yet so i’m a bit limited where travel is concerned!

thanks in advance.

Taylor5

I know tv isnt great but do you have sky tv? If you do put her in front of 623 or 624 for a while. Its all educational and they have soft gentle visuals and music, to be honest it put me too sleep and ds still loves it.

I would walk around the garden with ds, he loved the trees blowing in the wind and the birds, he loves feeling the leaves etc…

I would put on a hokey cokey or the likes cd and jump about, child thought I was mad. MTV will do for a jump about and get for losing a few pounds.

What ds loved was being rolled and swung in a blanket, couldnt do it for long as the laughing would make him sick.

Do you have any nice picture books, I would show him books and make up stories. I love the news and would talk to him about what was on Sky news 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

No wonder he is as mad as a brush 🙄 😳 😳
    HTH, but dont blame me if you dd turns out as mad as a box of frogs 😆 😆 😆

newgirl

oh taylor, thats so funny. the images going through my mind at the moment, but all the same some simple but effective ideas in there. thanks so much. i think i wil try them all tomorrow to see which go down best. i don’t have sky but do have other kiddie chanels so will try that too. sometimes its hard to think of things to do! if you think of anything else be sure to post.

and no looking in my windows !

Taylor5

No I’d leave the other kids tv, these channels are just for babies.

Enjoy your dancing and sing tomorrow 😆 😆 😆 😆 Just dont do it while walking around the garden, if so your neighbours will ring the people in the funny farm 😆 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

Gettng out and about as much as you can , like Taylor says the garden is great even in cooler weather get well wrapped up and explain everything to babs trees, flowrs , leaves etc, little insects

Here here to t.v but not too much obviously 😆

Alittle baby gym thing is great for putting them under and letting them bat the things about.

My dd loved picture books to even at a very early age or those soft material books with bits for them too touch and pull.

Getting out to mother and toddler groups most have mats and baby toys out for great fun.

Would she be too young for the swimming pool, they have alovely baby bit.

Dancing to mtv -good idea

sufing the net while baby sleeps 😆

pinkbabe

My 2 loved painting from v small L used to finger paint at a few months old I was trying to do a hand print but she got more fun out of making a mess

newgirl

thanks for all the suggestions girls,

well dd loves my singing, i scared her with my dancing, and she adores barney even at her tender young age ( mammy hates him already ). she’s also big into watching trees blowing in the wind.

i did have to duck once or twice as my neighbour came back from the school run i swear! didn’t want to scare her kids aswell!

anyway, she seems bored with her usual toys so i’m going to try to go shopping again this weekend, (happy baby permitting) to get her some new stuff and also i loved the painting idea! i’d never of thought of that. i still have my pregnancy brain, its hard to shake!

i’m really looking forward to being able to get out and about with her more when i can drive, its just taking so long! but i know we’ll get there eventually. i have to take my time with it or i’ll get frustrated and pack it in again!

MaryE

My 4 month old just loves me singing to him, so i spend most of the day making up words to songs..

Anyone been to any mother & toddler groups?? If so where & what did you think of them?? what age should the child be to go??

Thanks

Taylor5

Edel I was the very same with my ds, I was only online getting the proper words to "hush little baby" I wont tell you what make up words I was using, one was a "rusty rake" 😳 😳 😳 😳 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I go to a great playgroup in the Presbyterian church on palace street, its from 10 to 12 on Tuesdays and its great fun. There is another one, which is handy from five oaks, its in the old school house in Donacarney, I really liked that one but havent been there in ages
    I didnt start going to playgroup with ds until he was about 10 months, but I had pnd and wasnt feeling great in myself. I was soo sorry I didnt start going earlier for myself and its a great outlet and just nice to be in adult company and just having adult chat and not making up words to songs 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    I dont know if you have a car, but if you dont your very welcome to a lift to the Tuesday playgroup, you could pm me if you want.

MaryE

Plan to go to Mother & Toddler group tomorrow, so hope to meet you all there.

My little man was badly teething today & not a happy camper but if in good form tomorrow, we will check it out.

Hopefully, see you all there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is one thing that has always worked for my 2… putting them in the bath! Obviously it is not a long term solution but has always been good when all else has failed.

When ds was really cranky I could draw it out for ages from running the water to putting cream on afterwards 😆

Hope she feels better soon newgirl

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.