What I think about Mumstown…..

Home Forums National Chat What I think about Mumstown…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Last week we received an email from a Mumstown member and we were so moved by it that we asked if we could post an excerpt from it on site and here it is….

“Also can I just take this time to compliment you on what a great job you do with Mumstown. It really is my go to website whenever I have any child related worries, concerns or just looking for a sounding board. I also think that Mumstown is head and shoulders above other parenting sites as I find there is a lot of negativity and parents belittling other parents & being very negative whereas I feel all the people on Mumstown just want to help each other.”

If we had a mission statement, I think it would be to achieve what this member has said. We want to be a support for mums and not somewhere that is negative in any way. This kind of feedback means the world to us, it tells us we are doing something right.

Thanks to all the members who make Mumstown what it is, a helpful and positive website that supports mums.

munchin
    Participant

I agree wholeheartedly with everything that member said.

I’m one of the original mumstown members going back to when my daughter was a baby and she’s 8.5yrs old now.
    I was other websites and have stopped using them over the years and this is the only one I’m on now – I also like that there’s a local element to it too 😉

Keep up the good work Admin – you both do a brilliant job!!!!!!!!!

allyj

Hear hear! I definitely like that there is a local element to it also. And not forgetting the experts who contribute to the site, good work all 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Evil admin here 😈
    Good admin up above 😉

Thanks for the email Mam!

Jedt
    Keymaster

LOL!!!!! 😆

remeneerb
    Participant

Hiya, I have to say i totally agree with the comments taken from the email and i think Mumstown is a really lovely forum. I pop on daily to check for updates, not just mummy-related but entertainment, news, comments, competitions, opinions. It’s just such a nice, friendly forum and i really think you deserve high praise indeed – keep up the great work xx

scole1

Well done mumstown you guys do great work and hard work too.

I have been an original member since the beginning of mumstown it was my life saver when I had my first child. He’s 10 now. Mumstown encouraged me to venture out and go to toddler groups and meet other parents. It encouraged me to interact with other parents and ask questions of concerns I had.

Unlike other sites where parents be little one another or hide behind keyboards judging.

Mumstown positively encourages other parents. And most of the time you actually get to network and meet other parents. There is enough negativity In the world and being a parent is a hard job we are already hard on ourselves we don’t need other parents putting us down.

Parenting can sometimes feel lonely so it’s lovely that there are meet ups where you can meet other parents going through the same things as you especially when you are a first time parent it’s so new and scary it’s nice to meet a friendly face and also ask for tips and advice on line without nasty comments or replies.

So well done mumstown keep up the good work here is to many more years of mumstown.

Yvonne

Another original here – always found Mumstown to be friendly and positive- and I met some lovely people through here too and done some great things (Operation Transformation namely!)

I did go missing for a while lol but am happy to be back posting again (a little) 🙂

Will always have a special place for you guys! xx

Anonymous
    Inactive

don;t really have got a lot to say. it’s only the beginning 😀 😀 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.