what do you pay a baby sitter

Home Forums National Chat what do you pay a baby sitter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Droghedagirl

Just wondering what is about right to pay a babysitter…….don’t know what to expect……years since I used one and then it was my sister or brother.

Thanks

MaryE

E7 per hour is the norm, i think. Thats what i pay my babysitter anyway.

Happymammy

We’ve always paid ours €50 whether its 3 or 6 hours, if its a whole day or night like a wedding etc then we would give her extra, and order a pizza for her etc. Then theres the taxi home. We got to know our babysitter over the years and she stays over in the spare room and one of us spins her home in the morning. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not a bad way to earn money……..thats good money.

we give ours €10 an hour – a bit more than my friends pay (between €6 and €8 an hr) but she is excellent and I want to hold onto her! 😀 I also figure as we have 3 children – all very young – its extra work…so she deserves every cent 😀

rossylisa

We’ve always paid ours €50 whether its 3 or 6 hours, if its a whole day or night like a wedding etc then we would give her extra, and order a pizza for her etc. Then theres the taxi home. We got to know our babysitter over the years and she stays over in the spare room and one of us spins her home in the morning. 😀

let me know when you need a babysitter again 😉

redbells

We pay 8 an hour and if it is a long spell we leave money for pizza or whatever as a treat for the sitter and children. A good and reliable babysitter is invaluable.

Happymammy

We only pay this because we completely trust her 100% and if we decided to go onto a club we never have to worry about getting home we can just text her and go enjoy our night out.

Deirdre

I’m only charging 6/hr but thats just during the day while parents are shopping/getting some quality time etc and (I know it sounds cheesey) because I really enjoy what I do. Also, I understand that financially times are not as easy as they used to be.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.