Wedding Band recommendations?

Home Forums Weddings, Christenings, Communions, Confirmations etc Wedding Band recommendations?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone got any good wedding band recommendations that they have seen do a wedding within the last year for a friend of mine?

I used to know a few in that business but reckon most will have retired at this stage! :lol:

Jedt
    Keymaster

Depends on price and style really. Mu husband got a titanium band from a jeweller in Dublin (sadly, now closed down) and I got a platinum one from them. They were unusual rings but we wanted something different so that suited us.

My sister got lovely matching wedding bands from H Samuel. They are really lovely.

There is a great little jeweller in Balbriggan, Anthony Murphy’s – we have got a lot of jewellery from him over the years and he is very reasonable and he can personalise pieces. he is on the main st, across from the Milestone pub on the corner. worth a look in there.

HTH

ed1
    Participant

My husband plays in a local band and they play at lots of weddings. I know I am bias but they really are a brilliant band with lots of experience behind them as they are together over 15 years. They do all types of music to suit all ages and have a dj with them too if required.

If interested, pm me with dates and I can check availability.

They have a facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pag … 7218050594

happymumblemum
    Participant

Sabbi I think you have baby brain..I think Dave was looking for musical bands!!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😯

Yvonne

Lol Sabbi!!!

Have heard Timezone many a time and yes they are a great band!!

We had Who’s Who and they are fantastic! Think they have split though…

My SIL got married last year and they had the Enemies and they were brilliant! Had the crowd going from the get go!

Taylor5

Sabbi I think you have baby brain..I think Dave was looking for musical bands!!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😯

I thought i read FC’s post wrong after i read sabbi post! lol

Hawkeye

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I’m only seeing these responses now for some reason! 😆

Thanks for the musical ones, i’ll pass them on 😉

When I read Sabbi’s response I wondering who this band "Titanium" were and were they any good! 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

I love Electric Aveue

Anonymous
    Inactive

We had the funky buddah band for our wedding. They were amazing. We also tried to book the Funk Federation but sadly they were already booked that day. I think the funk federation manage quite a lot of bands so they may be able to help you out.

Hawkeye

We had the funky buddah band for our wedding.They were amazing. We also tried to book the Funk Federation but sadly they were already booked that day. I think the funk federation manage quite a lot of bands so they may be able to help you out.

Thanks for that Nat but that was May 2012, the couple in question are nearly finished their honeymoon at this stage 😉

I’ll keep note of those in case anyone else asks.

Jedt
    Keymaster

That ladies, is pure sleep deprivation!! I cannot beleive I wrote that, I don’t even remember writing that. 3 weeks of interrupted sleep every night has taken its toll!!

We got who we thought were a great band (yes, with musicians 😆 ) for our wedding,we had seen them many times and they were always excellent. We paid them a fortune and on our wedding day they were rubbish! Was a total waste of money and wish we had gotten a DJ instead. I would recommend giving a song list to any band or DJ for your wedding so at least you will be guaranteed some songs you really like.

HTH.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.