Waterbirths to Resume in Irish Hospitals

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Waterbirths to Resume in Irish Hospitals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TracyDonegan

Some great news for the bank holiday weekend – the HSE has lifted it’s ban on hospital waterbirths – great news for MLU mums going to Cavan or the Lourdes.

There is due to be additional training in July for Midwives so it’s unlikely that the MLU will resume waterbirths for another few months.

But please keep asking!

Looking forward to lots of lovely waterbirths in the future and more choice for mothers!

Tracy

super minder

im heading to my doctor on wed and ask for a water birth im so excited but im not due till jan. hope the waters warm lol

TracyDonegan

Hi Angie,

Only mums that are going to the Midwife Led Unit get to use the pool. At the moment mums can labour in the lovely deep pool but get out to give birth.

Tracy

rossylisa

Hi Angie,

Only mums that are going to the Midwife Led Unit get to use the pool. At the moment mums can labour in the lovely deep pool but get out to give birth.

Tracy

ah i was going to ask about this at my next appointment cos i dont want to get the eppi but im not in the MLU 🙁 must find out why i didnt get in cos i had a natural birth on dd with no complications and im low risk on this one 🙄

super minder

i asked today when making my first appointment for hospital in the lourdes and was told i have to see doctor there first and he will sign me to mlu if they think its safe.

is this the normal thing tracey ??

super minder

so sorry i spelt you name wrong how rude of me.

TracyDonegan

Hi Superminder – yes unfortunately you have to see a Doctor and they can refer you to the MLU.

Hope you get a chance to use the service – it’s amazing!

Tracy

super minder

my appointment is for 17 of july so fingers crossed. will let you all know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.