Water smells of Sulpher.

Home Forums National Chat Water smells of Sulpher.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pollytartt

Hi All, I have just moved to Drogheda in the past couple of months into an old house near the city centre and occasionally our water smells ofsulpher. A couple of times this was when we had turned the ancient immersion on. However today the smell returned when I turned on the cold tap. So I was just wondering if this is a problem with our water or common throughout drogheda? I had read complaints about Drogheda’s water before but was happy enough with it when we moved in first but then I was used to London water which in some areas can be almost brown. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Pollytartt.

Taylor5

God I never got that smell before, I have a water treatment system in so I think it cleans our water and removes the lime….. I did notice that our water would often smell like the river boyne and would be brown and sluggy looking.

pollytartt

Your system sounds like something we should invest in Taylor!
    Polly.

Taylor5

If your looking call to Bohills, dont go near those guys who call to the door they will charge you 3 times more then getting it yourself and some one to fit it, but well worth it and you dont use half the shampoo or washing powder and cleaning the bathrooms is no longer a nightmare

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.