Water meters & water rates

Home Forums National Chat Water meters & water rates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How can it cost 40 quid per year for the actual meter!!??? thats without paying for a drop of water…

Whatever about the rates that are coming to further smother us with bills, how can we be asked to pay 40 quid annually just for the flipping meter.

I just don’t get what they are at in our government.

I never thought I would say this but Gerry Adams is making a good effort to challenge many of their ideas…I just wish they would engage in converasation with him, he is actually taking some sense! They won’t let him near anyone from Europe because he is against alot of what they are doing.

Is that not the point of the opposition? To challenge and question the proposals to make sure we get them debated and get the best deal.

has anything actually changed for the better since Fine Gael got in?

Its madness. I want to bang my head off a wall just thinking about how stupid they are. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul….will it never end!!!

mammycool
    Participant

Yes, it is getting a bit much. I thought the suggestion the other day that we pay 300euro to install these things so that they could bill us was bad – but 40euro a year for 20 years is 800euro.

There is just more and more bills and less and less money.

munchin
    Participant

i have no problem paying for water BUT the water in my area is crap i’ve gone through 2 washing machines, 2 dish washers, countless shower hoses and countless kettles and they want me to pay for it!!!!!!!
    and now for the metre too 👿 👿

Financial Companion
    Participant

I agree with Munchin, the moment they start charging for it, they better make sure I have the same quality of water that other parts of the country have who will be paying the same amount! ( I must check if the sale of goods and supply of services act will cover this!) Our water is so hard and full of lime, it really does make a difference!

Taylor5

i have no problem paying for water BUT the water in my area is crap i’ve gone through 2 washing machines, 2 dish washers, countless shower hoses and countless kettles and they want me to pay for it!!!!!!!
    and now for the metre too 👿 👿

Munchin i have a water softener fitted, i have to stock it with salt very month to remove the lime from the water, i paid inc fitting about 1 thousand euro!! I also pay 60e every few months ,for a drinking water filter and at this its still not the best…. they can shove their water charges up their hole as far as im concerned. If i had good water, yes i would pay but not for the shit water in Louth, its nearly a bad as water in Kerry!

Im going to ring and price getting a well drilled in the garden….. Im not paying for that crap water. Is there anywhere you can get your water tested? my tap water stinks of the Boyne!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.