washing machine

Home Forums National Chat washing machine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

My washing machine is dying (still have some time ahead),
    so at the moment I’m looking at new washing machines.

We’re lucky that we don’t have to go for the cheapest one.
    As well the most expensive are not always the best.

What brand or even model will you recommend and why?

What load do I need 6, 7 or 8 kg to wash a king size duvet?

I’m looking at whirlpool but can’t see any front filter to clean (you know the small trap that some machine have at the bottom on the front).
    What’s the story?

Electrolux has it. Electrolux seams nice, is it?

Hotpoint don’t have it (don’t want hotpoint anyway, no filter acces, not great (that’s what we have) and the powder drawer on the new ones can’t be take out to clean it)

CANDY is it any good?

Where to buy it? shop (which one), online (whiich website)…?

All advice welcome.
    Fabienne

LANA
    Participant

id stay away from hotpoint any appliances i had never last 👿 ….iv a zanussi washing machines now 8 years and still going great ,i gothotpoint appliance after i got the zanussi and there long gone..we also got a zanussi dryer off a family member and thats still going the last 4 years for me and the family member had it years too..

Liverbird

I have a Whirlpool 5kg. No chance of getting a king size duvet in it though. We ave it 2 yrs and it too dosen’t ave a little door at the front to drain out excess water 🙄 Must be the new thing out nowadays.

hjs

Murphy’s Electrical in Newry – free delivery when u spend so much, can’t remember what is amount but not much – excellent impartial advice from them and cheap cheap cheap

Fabienne

Where is it in Newry?

Fabienne

my ma has a whirlpool 5 years now

beams

My whirlpool is 7 years old – no problems with it and it gets loads of use with 4 of us 😉

Taylor5

i have my whirlpool 9 years, it has started to play up and think its on its last legs…. will stick with the same brand. Brilliant machine, its the top model and can set timers to start a wash at 7am or what evertime suits

hjs

murphys

Murphy’s DAC
    31-33 Catherine Street,
    Newry,
    BT35 6JG Tel: 028 30 268843

http://www.murphysdac.co.uk

Jedt
    Keymaster

We’ve got Whirlpool too and its a great one. 7.5kg, holds a king size duvet. Bought it in Drogheda, good sales support and after sales service.

Look for special offers and haggle with them, you can always get them to knock the price down, we got a few quid off it when we bought it.

My mam bought a new one in Power City, M1 retail park Drogheda last week and got a great price on it, they have some good offers in there.

Power City are usually very reasonable….thats a good one to check first and is close by. They have a website you can check too.

Fabienne

Never though of power city.
    Went earlier, they said the best would be siemens
    500 (before any kind of negociation) includes delivery and old one taken.
    Now will check few more shops, then buy it, will be safer to buy it before old one completly dead.

Fabienne

Taylor5

i had a siemens intergrate washer had it two years.. paid 550 irish pounds at the time… moved house after two years and left the bloody thing there, it was a NIGHTMARE… you had to load it small item large item as it would weigh the load and work out the wash and spin… if i didnt do this the fecking thing wouldnt spin!!!! would have to take soaking wet clothes out onto the floor and reload the machine!!!! DROVE ME POTTY…..

Dont like powercity for washing machines my mam and sister got zanussi machines one powercity the ohter D.I.D… My sisters one broke down 15 months old and powercity didnt want to know, mam had trouble with hers after 3 years and DID were great…. dont like the aftersales in harvey normans or powercity. you cant beat DID or Briscoes

hjs

Yeah I have used power city for camera and video filming thing – exceptionally nice, did negotiate on price and near. Thumbs up.

liz

HI I wouldnt recommend candy ive had mine less than six months and ive had to call out repair guys twice pain in the bum and not user friendly ,good call asking mt. good luck

Taylor5

my mums friend is the very same she has a Candy not 12 months old and broken down twice…. she is not happy at all. She is looking for a new machine she just cant cope, she is in her 70’s and finding the stress of it too much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.