WARNING

Home Forums National Chat WARNING

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    scole1

Girls i’m in shock tried to use the visa card last night to buy something on line it was only 5.99euro, then got e-mail to say that could not be accepted, so asked hubby if card was maxed, and no it wasn’t…..
    so he called the bank and they had stopped the card as there had been someone in malaysia trying to take money from our card…. :shock: :shock:
    so all our cards are stopped now so we have to wait for new ones….can’t believe bank didn’t phone to tell us as what if we were away this weekend what would we have done if trying to pay hotel example…imagine, the receptionist, sorry your card is not working :oops: , well at least on the upside the money wasn’t taken off our account as we have a limit of 900 on our account that we put in place however there was a small amount taken from the card that was a tester and that will be refunded…

so watch out girls…..check those bills, the bank said even a question about 4euro or whatever could mean that someone has tested the card to see if active and then will try take larger amount….scary eh…..

Taylor5

Im with mbna and dh and I were both using our cards at the same time, He was in city centre and I was in Dundrum and MBNA stopped my sale and rang dhs moible as they thought the card had been skimmed.

We have 15k limit on our card 😯 Think I’ll get him to ring and reduce it just in case…. do you not use paypal online?

scole1

we do use paypal, but dh bought something from somewhere else, that’s the only thing i can think of, whatever or whoever got our info sourced it through uk…must have been an unsecure account

Happymammy

Still though you have to hand it to them hackers they are flipping genius’s! 🙄 🙄 How do they get away with it. 👿

scole1

I know, clever mothers……but anyway at least didn’t get to any money…..i would have died if they did…..

rossylisa

lucky it was stopped before they took all your money

MNG

Hi Scole1, Taylor5 🙂 🙂

Yes Yes we must be very careful when we purchase things from online these days any website can be hacked into easily ❗

even in shops too Never let go of your card when paying
    🙄

Taylor5

you dont have to be buying stuff hackers can send an email to you, you open it and they can go through all your files on you computer…. this is how they get personal details etc… so never save bank account details or numbers on computers

Sabrinab 08

Hi girls. just to let you know this is not just credit cards, it can happen ur laser cards too. happened my friend last yr. she got a call on a fri mornin from the bank sayin that her acc was atttempting a debit in USA some wer and they knew it couldnt be her as she had used it in Marks & Spencers only hours prevoius( in the laurences center). they think maybe the card was skimmed in one of the machine’s you get in the likes of a spar or londis!! you know the one’s that are free standing. apparantely someone that was maybe instaling them!!!! they just cant be sure!1 you have to be soooo careful every wer! 🙄

scole1

scary eh……my god…really have to be so careful……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.