Want a D&C

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sadly I’ve had another miscarriage, last one was this Jan caused by a blood clot in my womb, this one was a missed miscarriage. Went for an early scan at seven week only too be told baby was small for dates but only by a week so wasn’t really worried, then had a repeat scan last Friday at nine weeks, sadly the baby hadn’t grown at all & there was no heartbeat, so must have stopped growing a six weeks. Had no bleeding or anything & still feel pregnant so it was a bit of a shock. No indication anything was wrong a all.

Anyway last time i miscarried naturally, i bleed for almost six weeks, it has horrific & exhausting, i was a mess & just cant do it again, have to go back to hospital tomorrow & going to insist on a d&c as just want it over now.

Really hope they will just agree to my wishes, are they normally ok?
    Hope they dont try to give me the tablets?
    How soon can they book you in for a d&c, really dont want to wait
    another week? Would love one on Friday or Monday. I hate this living in limbo.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

munchin
    Participant

sorry to hear this marye – can’t really offer any advice as i’ve not been there – i do know my sister did get the tablets a few yrs ago but it was after alot of blood tests etc – i hope the hospital listen to you this morning – thinking of you xo

Jedt
    Keymaster

We had this very same situation two years ago so I understand how you are feeling.

I had a scan at 7 weeks and it was inconclusive so had to wait 2 weeks (in limbo, it was horrible) and when went back for another scan, baby had not grown at all and there had never been a visible heartbeat so they confirmed it was a missed miscarriage. They sent me away again to wait for things to happen naturally and said if nothing happened, I could have a D&C the following week.

I was distraught and I went back into hospital two days later with some cramps but still no bleeding and they agreed to do the D&C that day. They were very kind to me and really looked after me and I felt it was a kind thing to do to give me the D&C that day because I was literally distraught at the thought of any more waiting.

Be firm and tell them you simply cannot cope with any more waiting and they may book you in for it. They did with me and they never offered me any tablets at any stage, it was either wait for it to happen or do a D&C.

I am so sorry you are going through this. We had one natural miscarriage and one missed miscarriage and thankfully, after both of those, had a healthy little baby so try not to worry too much about the why, just try to focus on getting through this and then getting better once this is all over.

Will be thinking of you.

MaryE

Having a d&C tomorrow, thankfully their was no problem, i just said i wanted it & they arranged it.

Jedt
    Keymaster

As awful as this whole situation is, them booking you in is a kindness because it will be an end to the turmoil and you can start to get better then.

The D&C is not bad at all, you’ll be put to sleep and will wake up a short while later feeling a bit tired and groggy but ok. You’ll be tired for a few days and will be sad of course, so make sure to rest as much as you can and take all offers of help for dinners, cleaning and anyone to mind the kids and give you some time to rest. You will need good food so get someone to stock up soups and easy nourishing foods and lots of chocolate – I think thats essential at a time like this.

I am so so very sorry you are going through this.

I am sending you a big virtual hug. xx

chewieodie
    Participant

So so sorry MaryE…. 🙁

**** hugs ****

Anonymous
    Inactive

very sorry to read this sad news Mary, take care of yourself x

oriordan

So sorry for this loss and glad youre getting your dnc, asyou wanted.
    WHen I had my miscarriages, I never wanted to have a dnc, but always found the hospital very accommodating for whatever options you choose.
    I know it is just so difficult at these times. Ive been there so many times. Hope you start to feel better soon

julymam

So sorry to hear this Marye, thinking of you xxxxxxxxx

Jedt
    Keymaster

Best of luck for today, its hard to deal with all this but at least this will put an end to this part of it.

Thinking of you. x

munchin
    Participant

again sorry you’re going through this marye – but i am glad the hospital listened to your wishes xo

felicity

thinking of you xx

MaryE

Thanks for all the kids words.

it all went grand yesterday, feel ok today thankfully.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Glad you are feeling ok but remember your body (and mind) are going through a very traumatic experience so try to take it easy for a few days. You may feel tired for a while so be prepared if that happens.

Again, so sorry for your loss. Its a very sad thing to go through, I was very sad after our missed miscarriage 3 years ago and aside from the sadness, my periods were irregular for a few months after and I felt wretched. I went to Mark Bell Acupuncture in Drogheda and he was amazing, he really helped me get my menstrual cycle back on track and I reckon its partly thanks to him that we have our baby girl here today. He was so helpful to me, emotionally and physically in getting over our loss.

If you need some distraction, pick up a good book or some magazines and try to take your mind off things for a bit.

Feel better soon and if you need to offload, you know you can come on here to do it. x

Yvonne

So sorry to hear that Marye – I’m glad you got the D&C.

Take care of yourself xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.