waiting times in OLOL

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents waiting times in OLOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    fairies

I have my first appointment in OLOL on friday at 9 o clock. I am going public ( hoping to get on the midwife scheme) how long can i be expecting to be waiting . My mum is minding DS2 and just wanted to know how long to let her know she will be here for.

Missymay

Fairy, you more likely will be waiting until about at least 11am before you see the doctor, it used to be a bit quicker but it has slowed completely down in past few months, then again I attend on Tues so maybe different waiting times for different clinics. I advise bring something to read.

When you get to the corridor that leads you to outpatients, be sure to collect your file from the filing room, it is first room on right on corridor to OP, bring your chart down to nurses station give it to them and then take a seat. My first visit I asked where to go and I was told to take a seat and ended up waiting forever because of course they didnt have my details, no body told me I had to collect my file 🙄

TracyDonegan

The good news is if you get on the MLU then your wait times for the other appointments are practically zero most of the time 😀

Tracy

fairies

thanks ladies, still have not decided what to do about DS2 ,

hopefully i get on the midwife scheme so that no real waiting from now on.

chipbutty

i have my first scan 9th april, in olol, when i was pregnant on ds i only waited about 1 hour, hoping i won’t have to wait to long this time either as mam will be minding ds. I will be 15 weeks then, i am going public aswell not with the mid wife unit though, to chicken shit for that give me the epidural any day.

fairies

i better not tell u how long i was waiting on friday morning……. you might cry as i did….

cant actually go on the midwife lead scheme as i had group b strep…

Taylor5

Go on tell us? Thats a pity you didnt get the MLU, but Im sure you’ll be well looked after.
    How long was your wait? 3 hours?

fairies

drum roll…………

5 hrs………….

yes u read it correctly 5 hrs. i arrived at 9am and left at 2.
    something about being short staffed……

Taylor5

What? 😯 Five hours, thats shocking 😯

Did you see your consultant and get a scan? I know that first visit is longer then any other one, but five hours is a bit much, you would be starving and knackered

fairies

i was straving as i only had a small breakfast. did not get to see a consultant . only a mdwife and the bloods done and then a scan. i was actually at no stage asked how i was feeling or getting on. very odd.

i left crying out of frustration.

ed1
    Participant

oh my god fairies, 5 hours, thats a bit irish 🙄 🙄 😯 😯

my friend went on tuesday morning and she waited 3.5 hrs.

you wouldnt mind so much if this was your first pregnancy but when you have someone minding your other child or children its not on.

hopefully your next hospital appointment you wont be waiting just as long 🙂

chipbutty

o no my first appointment is Wednesday at 9, have a driver theory test at 2 should i cancel

Happymammy

Trust me dont bring the DS i have got to the stage where i wanted to pull my own teeth out waiting over there. Im due in two weeks and its harder when you cant grab them and walk up and down while you are waiting and have a big bump too!! Unless you have a very well behaved DS who can sit still for two three hours. My visits are between 8.30 and 11.30 ive actually just stopped going early and went at 11.30 and was seen to much quicker because you spend the whole morning waiting anyway.

When you get your wee checked and bloodpressure checked, ask the midwife where you are in the que and if she says 4/5 then go have a cuppa. If i never see the inside of that midwife clinic again it wont be too soon! 😆

Happymammy

Sorry meant to say aswell that after you have seen the midwife you have to go wait again to see the doc! 🙄 and if its your first visit it takes an hour to fill out all the questions and forms etc etc and then you have to go and do it all again when you go into the midwife!!! HEARTBREAKING system in the OLOL!!!

fairies

is it really that bad even after the first visit. I was planning on bringing DS2 with me on my next visit on the 29 april. my appointment is at 8.50.
    I was waiting 4 and half hours for my first visit. will go mad if i have to wait that again.

I am kinda sorry i did not go private now if the waits are that bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.