Waht do u put in a communion card these days?

Home Forums National Chat Waht do u put in a communion card these days?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    yummymummy

hmm J has no cousins, i have 2 little cousins but me thinks they have enough the just got a big huge tree house for their garden last thing the need is a jeep style car thing.
    ill send you pics of it tw and u can see what u think. you will not give me money for it its been sitting in shed for months so it no loss to me at all.

happymumblemum
    Participant

you are a star yummy would love to see photos 😆 😆

we better get off this thread as we hijacked it for our on line boot sale 😆 😆

pinkbabe

I am about to be slatted for this but I will tell u lot anyway. My family have a 50 + year old christening robe & with my DD being the 1st great granchild she prob should have worn it for her christening day but me being a spoilt 21 year old 1st time mum who wanted it all my way I refused to let her wear it & got my dad to buy a new 1 for her. 😳 Now I realise how stupid I was being but at the time it seemed like I was doing the right thing starting a new tradition of my own. Obviously this new 1 will be passed down through my family until I have a spoilt granchild of my own who will no doubt pee on my parade. (new suit for DS too, no son of mine was wearing a frock!!!)

munchin
    Participant

each to their own pinkbabe
    my sister didn’t use the christening robe in our family for her 2, she’s raging now mind but as you say she now has a tradition of her own. I used the hat of her outfit cos my little one was christened in Feb and it was freezing!!!!!!!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

!!!shame on you pink babe 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

yummymummy

aw i totally like the tradition of boys wearing the christening robe, its not a dress its a robe 🙂
    a silk, white suit thing i think are horrible. but to each there own.

pinkbabe

I am so wierd about this 1 thing, my bro wore the gown & so did my nephew, it was just me who was having none of it & after DD getting her own (& hers is a dress) couldn’t really go asking for the family robe back now could I ???

yummymummy

you could with your tail between your legs 😆 😆
    you’d think id be like you, but at 18 and having no job, buying a christening suit was last thing on my mind. i used the family one and my aunt knitted a gorg white cardi for him too which i get to keep as my own momento for his specail day.

pinkbabe

Never gonna happen (he’d have been christened in a babygrow 1st) 🙄 Oopsforgot to mention my family weren’t at DS’ christening (long story)

munchin
    Participant

because the robe /dress is so old my sister used it for her son but had a little white leggings & top thing to change him into and i used it for Emily but had a beautiful white dress and little pink cardi for when we got back to house and took lots of photos

ed1
    Participant

i used a christening robe which my grandmother and her mother were christened in, i wore it and my two boys have worn it. it was really delicate so needless to say it was only kept on for church. it was lovely. my gran had 13 children and each one of them wore it too. not sure exactly how old it is but its over 100 years.

as for the first communion, my plan was to get my wedding dress made into communion dress but i didnt have any girls, so dress stays intact in the attic.

pinkbabe

My daughter will have whatever dress she wants but none of this fake tan, make up malarky altho she prob will want a tiara & for 15 euro from claire’s she can have it if it makes her happy. I still have my prayer book & rosery beads & the family medals have been going down the generations for about 50 years so she will use them.

ed1
    Participant

yeah the fake tan and makeup is desperate. i heard of someone this year bringing daughter to beautician to get nails done and eyebrows shaped!!!

pinkbabe

Well mine won’t be having that either!!!

I did see a child yesterday in the Square shopping centre in Tallaght & OMG I actually LOL the state of this poor child, she’ll be mortified when she is older & has to look back @ the pics. The dress was all sparkles & about 3 foot wide like something out of cinderella with a train n all, she had the fake tan, the make up & the tiara, all she was missing were the glass slippers & the horse & carraige 🙄

rossylisa

in my family my mam had a christian gown that she used for all her children and all out cousins and i she leant it to a neigbour and never got it back 😈 it was gorgeous 😀 my mil made my dds gown and it was gorgeous ….. we had a mosses basket that was past down from from my mam to loads of others but again my dd never used this because me and my sis had our babys around the same time so she bought me my own one 😀 id love to get my wedding dress made into her communion dress coz it is a beautiful dress and cost me a small fortune but it is a champagine colour so not sure but she is deffentaly having it for her wedding and other nieces are going to use my weddign dress for their weddign 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.