Very angry with Tesco – lads mags aimed at young boys!!

Home Forums National Chat Very angry with Tesco – lads mags aimed at young boys!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My son is 9 and is getting into football magazines and match attack football cards and he sometimes uses the pocket money he earns to buy them.

Last week he came to Tesco with me and headed straight to the magazines section; when I went over I noticed his football magazine was positioned in the middle of Nuts, Zoo and FHM magazines.

There were literally breasts pouring out of the covers of all these magazines, right beside his innocent football magazine – which is essentially a magazine for tweens and teens.

I assumed this was a mistake and let them know about this at customer service and they apologized and said they would move it.

We were back in there yesterday and the magazine is still surrounded by the trashy lads mags. I asked at customer service why it is still there and they said they are not allowed to move it! Tesco has specifically positioned the magazines that way and there is nothing my local store can do about it.

I am so annoyed. Its bad enough that the lads mags are on such blatant display with girls pulling at their bras and knickers in very slutty poses but to have it positioned deliberately beside what is clearly a magazine young boys buy, is very inappropriate.

I am going to email Tesco to complain but not expecting much from them after their initial response. :twisted: :twisted:

Taylor5

Joe Duffy is your only man or get onto the papers, that isnt right at all…. I know those mags as my huband used to buy them he used to buy Loaded, Nuts and FHM, then when he grew up he moved onto Bunkered a lads mag for golfers 😆 😆 😆 I have looked through these mags and its all tits and ass!!!
    I wouldnt be happy if i found my ds near mags like that

mammycool
    Participant

That is totally gross!! They have no morals.

There seems to be an obsession of trying to get kids to grow up before their time. I think that you see more of it for little girls. You can buy a bra for a 3yr old.

I believe they are currently trying to bring in a law in the UK to prevent what they call the sexation of children. They want to put a code in place for childrens clothes and product aimed at children – making them age appropriate.

Taylor5

Your joking a bra for a 3 year old!!!

munchin
    Participant

Taylor i went to buy new swimsuit for dd1 who’s 5.5yr was ridiculous the types of swimwear available in her age wayyyyyyyyyy too old for a 5yr old.
    Was in tesco’s a few weeks ago was looking for some clothes for an 8yr old and all the clothes in that age group were more age appropriate in my mind to the teenagers found it very hard to find something other than a tracksuit suitable for her.

Jedt
    Keymaster

My friend is having an awful time with her 9 year old at the moment about this. the 9 year old wants to wear mid riff exposing tops and bikinis and her mam is going nuts trying to not allow her. its so hard when these kinds of clothes are available for children of this age.

guess its all ahead of mewith my girls soon…

mammycool
    Participant

My 3yr old dd spent the last week or so asking me if she was pretty. When out in Tesco with Daddy – she got him to buy her some makeup!!! My first makeup. I was hopping mad but left them to it – she painted him, the walls, the doors, etc. The makeup kit has disappeared!!!

I would definately not be buying bikinis or bras until they had something to actually put in them. I don’t think I would ever buy a bikini by choice – even when she is a teenager. There are so many perverts out there – who wants to draw attention to their little girl.

Taylor5

I read in the paper today about a Dublin woman who was up in Court over a video image found on a lost phones sim card.. the woman had her 4 year old daughter lying on a bed next to her semi naked boyfriend (from the waist down) they were both heard laughing and joking and getting the child to do and say things for the video… i dont believe the child performed a sexual act, but i do believe it was made to look like thats what the child was doing and i do think the comments were of a sexual nature!!!
    I felt sick reading it, when shown to the mother she was very upset and gagged when watching it, she is saying she has a drink problem and was so drunk she didnt know what she did or was doing….. dig the hole deeper love, if thats the case your so out of your head you shouldnt be in the car of a child.
    When you read stories of strangers doing that to kids it makes you sick, but for a mother to do that to her baby, the mind boggles 😈 😈 😈

Jedt
    Keymaster

I emailed Tesco and they said the magazine should not have been there at all and that they have advised the local store to move it and they are very sorry.

But guess what…I was in there today and it is still in the middle of the lads mags with boobs on every side of it.

Tesco are so annoying!!!!!

Fabienne

email them again until they have enough and move the magasines.

Jedt
    Keymaster

ts ridiculous – it should not even be there in the first place. I’ve spoken to 4 members of staff and emailed customer services twice and they are still not moved – grrr!!!

Taylor5

Joooe Duffy is your only man

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.