VBAC in Drogheda

Home Forums Louth Chat VBAC in Drogheda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Juliet

Hi,
    I’m new to the site and was just wondering if anyone has experience of VBAC in the Lourdes and if you could recommend a consultant. I was With Dr Higgins last time but he’s in Holles ST now and it’s too far away. I really don’t want to go down the section route again but want to have a consultant that will support my decision.
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    Juliet :D

Taylor5

I tried for a VBAC last october with Dr Rabee, she was delighted to hearI wanted to try for a VBAC and she said she thinks its better to try as its a much better birth then a section.
    Good luck and Rabee is brilliant

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Juliet,

It might be a good idea to post this question in the mums to be section too.

Good on you going for a VBAC, it is often achievable once you prepare yourself.

My friend had a VBAC in OLOL. I was her birth partner and it was a very good experience for her. She was clear about what she wanted and she practised her breathing techniques and remained calm and did it all without drugs, it was fantastic.

It is important to discuss your plans with your carer (I also had Dr Rabbe and found her good) and make sure they support you.

Dr Higgins is gone now so when booking with another consultant, make this one of the first questions you ask and make sure they are supportive.

Generally OLOL do not have a very good VBAC policy so you will need someone who will support you on it. I’m sure the mums over on the mums to be thread can give you some advice too.

Here is an article from the Irish Independent about VBAC’s which might be helpful: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/par … 76002.html

Good luck!

opaljh

have to agree with Taylor,

Dr Rabee is brilliant,had her on my second dd , was absolutely brilliant, she induced me when other doctors wouldnt if though my blood pressure was through the roof 👿 She put me at ease!

I had my first dd in the Rotunda and i prefer OLOL staff where brilliant, very supportive!

As for a section, Ive never had one & thank God! Id much rather give birth the "normal way’ Ive seen family & friends go through sections and its not nice!

Juliet

Thanks a million for all the advice! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.