Ungrateful children – anyone elses like this????

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! Ungrateful children – anyone elses like this????

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Same here.. they are all the same! I did the same made lovely lasagne, which they love, but now dont!!! So i said next time im going to give them something else and dh and i have the yummy lasagne… beans on toast for them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jedt
    Keymaster

Just spent one hour preparing a lasagne from scratch (as this is one of the kids favourite dinners) and my 7 year old has walked in to the kitchen and informed me that ‘he ordered stew’!! 😕 Cheeky little monkey.

When did my kitchen become their restaurant and when did I become chief waitress and chef who cooks to order??

At what age can I expect them to start cooking the dinner, that will teach them a thing or two about appreciating the cook!! 😉

Babs

😆 😆 SO GLAD IT’S NOT JUST MINE!! The number of times I have handed up a meal I was proud of making only to hear "eh whats that…YUK…I’m not eating THAT!!"…and thats just from hubby lolol

munchin
    Participant

lol dh could tell you a story or two about E1 and it always seems to be the ones he puts most effort into the minx!
    E2 is well capable of turning her nose up to and she’s not even 2 yet!

CaliGal

Tell them this is not a restaurant and you get what you get. They don’t have to eat it but they will be hungry as you are not a short order cook!

Fabienne

I made lasagne yesterday as well.
    Same welcome, but my son does not like it and my daughter who really likes it was away for the day.
    My son did enjoy making it with me.
    But no matter what I do one like it and one doesn’t so can’t find so far a decent meal that willplease my 2 kids. But still it’s that or nothing, they moan butthey kind of eat.

Fabienne

beams

Its exactly the same in our house – the dinner i spend all afternoon making they wont eat – "its yucky, i’m goin to puke, its making me cough , its giving me a rash" !!!!!- yet if i just pop some pasta into a pot and some chicken tenders under the grill they will eat that ……i’ve learned my lessons on this 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

its giving me a rash – thats a good one beams!

My 8 year old’s latest ploy to avoid certain veggies is to claim ‘I’m allergic to that mammy’ – he’s never had an allergic reaction in his life, little chancer!! 😯

mumof2

Oh sabbi i so hear you.. i have heard that only too often. And beams that is so funny i love it. 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 I told my eldest that when i was a child i ate what i was given and if i didnt eat it, it was given to me for my next meal and again and again till i did. Andf i wasnt telling any pibs either. 🙁 🙁 🙁 I do try include the boys in cooking and preparing the food. I love lasagne made from scratch and if there is any more left overs let me know. Ha ha no but getting back mine are the same at times….so ungrateful 👿 👿

beams

My DD nearly 4 – has allergies – so she brings out all the "shpiel" when she doesnt want to eat something 😆 😆

mammycool
    Participant

Mine ds is exactly the same – demands fish fingers for days and then if and when he does get them – does not want them, wants something else. Regularly tell him that this is not a restaurant and he gets when he gets – he can put in a request for tomorrow but tough on today.

dd is starting the same – yucky – then she eats it(very fond of her food)

pookie2

Response to my Christmas ham, slowly simmered for hours in cider & glazed in oven with mustard and honey:

2 year old took one look & said ‘I don’t like that’ &
    the 3 year old said ‘It looks yeucky’.

Traitors……

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.