Uncooperative school children!!

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! Uncooperative school children!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Why do our children not co-operate on school mornings???

Our 6 year old was ‘supposed’ to be getting dressed upstairs but instead I found her standing in the middle of her bedroom listening to her walkman in her pajamas….no wonder we’re always running late!!! :x :x

chewieodie
    Participant

Same on our side this morning…. Our 6 year old was sent upstairs to brush his teeth and get dressed, and when I checked he had done the teeth, but there was a more pressing issue to attend to…… one ofhis toys had come apart, and he needed to "fix it"….. grrrrr….. and then, joy of joys, I discovered marker pen on his jumper…. to find out that one of the boys in his class thought it would be funny to write on DS’s clothes… 😡 It is in the washing machine as I write, and if it doesn’t come out…. this will be one VERY unhappy mommy!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Ah that always happens here Sabbi..I find my roaring shouting voice does the trick..as well as holding phone and pretending to ring the head Mistress 😆 😆 😆 😆 ….

What I try and do if i am up early enough is give her a ten minute warning to get up and make out i am doing her a big favour….

My dd is such a night owl I don’t know how she even gets out of bed at all…discovered her last night at 10.30 pm making Wedding attire for two stuffed teddies who are getting married on Friday… her new zoo teddy ( african hunting dog) is marrying her Wolf pup 😆 😆 😆 I think I am a Bridesmaid 😆 😆

5 to 9 dismorning dd decided her pants were to big for her she had to get changed into her pinafore 10 minutes late 🙄

mumof2

My ds2 started school this year and the morning are twice as busy now. 😆 😆 😆 He hates getting dressed but if it was a saturday or sunday morning he would be up and dressed all by himself. Its defo a school thing. I dont know if this would be of any benefit but have you tried a star chart. I have found them to be great with things i have had difficulty with in the past.

And perhaps try playing a game. Last to be dressed is "a snale". My sons older brother can play the game so well and it works a treat. I also use the same thing for getting into the car and getting the seat belt on. Give it a go.

chewieodie
    Participant

The best thing I ever bought was the responsibility chart from Melissa and Doug…. more pricey than most, but built to last. I have one for each child, and they each have 7 responsibilities a day…. which goes from getting dressed to being nice…. you customise it to your needs. And in our case they compete with each other to see who can get the most magnets…. and if one gets more than the other, the trauma is unbelievable…. they are desperate to do well. So, when they misbehave or don’t achieve what is required of them… they don’t get their magnet…. works brilliantly with us!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Doug-Ma … 411&sr=1-1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.