Ulcerative Colitis

Home Forums National Chat Ulcerative Colitis

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    siobhanj1

Hey, i am just wondering if anyone on this site suffers from Ulcerative Colitis and has had a healthy pregnancy.

Siobhan

Taylor5

oh dear, very painful condition. I dont have it but would have come across a few people who suffer in the past…. one of the girls i know has 4 kids but if im honest i think she only started to suffer with colitis after the kids iykwim
    Good luck and hope all goes well for you

Jedt
    Keymaster

I had colistitis – inflammation of the gallbladder – after my third child. It was extremely painful (much more so than childbirth) and I was in hospital for quite a while with it. I ended up having my gallbladder removed through keyhole surgery and thankfully, I am fine now.

Not sure if this is the same thing but I know some women who have had colisistitis while pregnant and they were fine; it does need to be monitored closely and can be managed well through diet until the baby is born and then if need be, keyhole surgery can fix it.

Not sure if that helps at all…

Taylor5

I thought when reading the post it was Ulcerative Colitis of the Bowel that Siobhain was talking about…. God sabbi that sounds nasty!

siobhanj1

Hey Ladies,

thank you so much for all your comments and reasurrance. yes i have Ulcerative Colitis, Inflamation of the large intestine. I have a left sided colitis. SABBI must have really suffered having your gallbladder removed. I didnt need an operation and hoping it stays that way. I am on medication at the moment, but i just wondering if other people had this condition and had successful pregnancies.

Thanks again ladies.

Taylor5

Would a colonic be any good to you? I know a good diet high in fibre is very important, most people get it in bouts of infection…. i know it depends on how large the pockets become
    Did you always suffer or just in the recently?

siobhanj1

Hi Taylor,

I honestly dont know if colonic would help or not. Although i do find high fibre foods make the condition worse. I was just diagnosed with this in 2008 after i had my second miscarriage. Thankfully its under control now, but I had to visit alot of doctors who didnt know what they were doing before i finally found one who did. Do you have pockets with Ulcerative colitis? thanks for your help. siobhan

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hey Taylor; yep it was awful, really painful. I was in hospital for a month, the baby was still on the breast so I was forced to stop bf and I missed my son’s 1st day school and daughters 1st day naionra. It was a total nightmare – my poor hubby was wrecked without me! Thankfully, better now 😀

Hi Siobhan,

I was quite weak afterwards but I got better by following a plan called ‘Eat right for your blood type’. I went to see a nutritionist and she told me to cut back on fatty foods and cut out certain foods from my diet, as apparently different blood types cannot digest certain foods.

In my case, I am blood type B and cannot digest chicken, tomatoes, corn or sunflower seeds, so I cut these out and have not had any problems since. I also eat smaller meals, so my body has a chance to digest my food and I chew my food really well – I know that sounds like a silly thing to say but only when I started to chew my food properly did I realise I had actually been eating it too quickly!

Maybe see a nutritionist for some advice for yourself? Also, colonics are very good, they can clear out things that have been there years (I know someone who had a toy soldier come out!!) so that might be worth a shot too. Check with your GP though to make sure its ok to do that if you’re on medication and if you do have a colonic, make sure to stock up on the good bacteria afterwards as it removes everything, both good and bad – so you need to re-stock the good bacteria that you need in your gut.

Hope you feel ok and sorry about your miscarriage, its very sad for you.

Take care and stay well. 🙂

siobhanj1

Hey Sabbi, Thanks so much for the info. Its funny you should mention about certain blood groups. DrBoyle did mention that to me. I eat alot of chicken and tomatoes, which having checked how different blood groups react to foods, they are the two worst i could eat. Difficult to digest. I find if i eat little and often, i can digest foods better. Thanks again, siobhan

Taylor5

sabbi that very funny you should say that… i had bowel trouble a few years ago, had to get my system cleaned out and low and behold undigested sweetcorn! Which i hadnt eaten in years…. Didnt know about chicken, will keep an eye on that as i eat chicken at least 3 if not 4 times a week

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.