U Mamma Treats for Mums & Bumps

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents U Mamma Treats for Mums & Bumps

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Induction & Acupuncture

A small observation study of the routine practice of 14 midwifes over a four month period indicated that acupuncture treatment before labour appeared to be beneficial in reducing medical intervention, compared to women receiving similar midwifery care without acupuncture. A follow-up statistical analysis showed significant p values (<0.0085) for “an increased rate of spontaneous deliveriesfor first time and subsequent mothers and decreasing caesarean section for combined first time and subsequent mother.”

Acupuncture treatment to prepare women for an efficient labour is ideally commenced before an induction is required although this may not always be possible. When a woman presents for an acupuncture induction however, whether medical intervention is planned for the next day or the following week, treatment can still be aimed at promoting natural physiological labour.

For more information on acupuncture or to book a session please call our U Mamma team on 01 2014900, email info@umamma.ie or visit U Mamma.ie

Customer Feedback
    "Two days away from the dreaded induction I didn’t think it would be possible to relax. I was wrong. Thank you so much for the chance to calm my mind and focus on what’s important, me and baba!"
    Kerry, Blackrock.

Thank you Kerry!
    Your customer feedback is very important to us. If you have any suggestions, feedback or testimonials we would love to hear them. Simply email info@umamma.ie

P.S: testimonials can be anonymous if you wish.

Discount Thursdays!!!
    A whooping 20% off ALL holistic therapies every Thursday in April! Click here to view our therapy listings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To view in PDF format: umamma Newsletter

Anonymous
    Inactive

We regularly get nice feedback from our members about U Mamma and having been there ourselves, we can highly recommend it as a retreat for mums-to-be and mums. Really lovely and set in beautiful Wicklow, beside Avoca cafe (so yum!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.