TV3 Midweek, smoking & drinking in pregnancy

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents TV3 Midweek, smoking & drinking in pregnancy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

TV3’s midweek show this Wednesday night, 21st Sept is focusing on the topic of smoking & drinking in pregnancy. Its on @ 10pm.

Taylor5

I seen a clip very shocking!!!

ooh, should be interesting!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I was very pregnant when interviewed for this show and I honestly cannot remember a word I said on camera. Bit daunted about what came out of my mouth, don’t think I was in a coherent state of mind at the time 😳 😳

happymumblemum
    Participant

Missed it…how was it?

If any one could post a link that owuld be great !!

Taylor5

it was great, i really enjoy that programme

suzieQ

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=midweek

Just about to have a quick look at it now!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yuk yuk yuk..funny the sort of people who smoke whilst pregnant are also happy out in their pajamas in public… 😆 😆

The above is a sweeping tongue in cheek generalisation before I get vilified.

"I smoked during pregnancy and I am a solicitor how dare you.. 😆 😆 "

Jedt
    Keymaster

It was awful to hear how the baby’s movements slow down for half an hour after each cigarette. So sad for the little babies who are affected.

My midwife told me she was at a conference and they showed ultrasound footage of what happens to a baby when the mum smokes – she said it looks like the baby held its breath for each puff. That shocked me.

I feel bad for women who are under pressure and feel they have not got the support to give up smoking during pregnancy. But I would say to them, being pregnant is only for a limited time and if they can stop while they are pregnant that’s great for baby. They can always go back on after wards.

happymumblemum
    Participant

You are too kind Sabbi… I don’t feel sorry for these women in the slightest no matter what the circumstances..if someone wanted to really give up smoking then they would, its bulls**t ..I gave up smoking when i was pregnant..you don’t need a " support network" just give up..people hide behind all this nonsense to be able to blame other people other than themselves.

You wouldn’t want one of those women looking after your child and puffing away in the room 😆

Disgusting…for f sake they don’t even hide it..brazenly smoking outside the Maternity Hospital.

My dad stopped smoking after possibly the worst year of his life he smoked 40 a day but went cold turkey for no reason other than he WANTED too, and he had no "support network" just a miserable existence at the time…

However * disclaimer* each to their own blah blah blah ..its every mothers right to poison her unborn child because she is miserable. Right?

Taylor5

I would someone to raise an issue, i HATE too see people smoking in cars with kids 😈 😈 😈 😈

Jedt
    Keymaster

hmm – I was raging with that! They interviewed me for an hour….sadly all the things I said about mums stopping by getting help if they need it and how pregnancy is only short term, so they should give it up for those 9 months at the very least for their baby’s sake etc….was all cut out!

oh well…..that’s the problem with doing an interview off site – it can be edited & shortened!

Taylor5

We all know how things are edited and cut, saying that you did have a point, it is an addiction and being a smoker in the past i know its not easy to give up.
    There are alot of women out there who still smoke when pregnant for what ever reason, it might be lack of education, they dont see the dangers, they dont care…… or maybe they just cant give up!!! So you did have a valid point

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yeah they did make it sound a bit like you sympathised but any one could see it was a very heavy edit!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.