Traumatic Birth Workshop – dublin

Home Forums Louth Chat Traumatic Birth Workshop – dublin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    AIMSIreland

AIMS Ireland would like to announce an upcoming workshops for women who have been effected by a traumatic birth experience.

Dublin workshop will take place on Sunday, December 2nd at the Teacher’s Club in Parnell Square

cost is €20 per person to cover room hire and light lunch

For more information please contact: jene@aimsireland.com

Taylor5

That sounds good, might think about it for a while before I decide if I’ll sign up

Moonflower

Same here, but how traumatic is traumatic………do 3rd degree tears count???

Taylor5

Oh God yeah Moonflower that would count big time…. ouch!

Moonflower

I may go then, coz i dont think i suffered too bad at the time but felt like i had failed in some way by tearing so bad, be great to talk to others.

scole1

sounds good but don’t think i could go there again i’d be a quibbling mess, even thinking of it now is making me start to cry only now getting over it and wow , the thoughts of having another is haunting me maybe if someone could have the c-section for me that would be great….

Taylor5

Its so funny my nightmare was my c section 😆 😆 😆 😆 The grass is always greener as they say 🙄

newgirl

i could do with some sort of workshop! does it count if you had a good delivery then the s**t hit the fan with dd afterwards?? pretty tramatic. would definitely impact on my decision to have another one.

AIMSIreland

Aww Ladies – I am so sorry to hear how many of you have been effected by a traumatic birth experience. 🙁

There is no ‘definition’ as such as to what constitutes a ‘traumatic’ birth – it varies from woman to woman as to what she constitutes as being a ‘traumatic birth’ (one woman’s dream birth is anothers nightmare and vice versa)

Woman who suffer from the effects of a traumatic birth include feelings of:

*anxiety after the birth or in recalling the birth
    *flashbacks to the birth
    *feelings of disempowerment on recalling the birth
    *feeling they were mistreated in birth
    *feeling as if she was not listened to
    *feelings of failure
    *fear to have another child
    *reactive depression
    *obsessiveness of the experience

Hope this helps.

Bookwitch

that sounds familiar alright

AIMSIreland

sorry Bookwitch 😥

This is a support forum for women in Ireland who have suffered from traumatic births. It was set up by Dr. Kate Byrne – one of the facilitators for the AIMS workshops

Might help

LInk: http://ptsdsupport.freeforums.org/

scole1

ditto all familiar…. 🙁 will take a look at the link

EJ

My 1st birth was OK as far as births go – the second was bad and the 3rd was hell on earth, I was so worked up all throughout my 3rd pregnancy that by the time it came to delivery (10 days in hosp due to breach baby and inducement) I was in a bad way – panicking all the time. I’ve pretty much felt all of the above as in AIMS message, BUT… its the 8 stone I gained over the 3 pregnancys (depression and hormones) that has actually put me off having any more – lets just say that descision is final, no turning back now! Ive lost 5 stones (nearly 6) now, but the fear of ever putting on any more weight is the clincher. Is that selfish? I love my girls and have a great life with them, plus I think with any more youre spreading your love and attention a little thinner.

Taylor5

God Ej, you sound like you had a very traumatic birth/s.

I suffer with pnd and no-one knows how it changes you as a person, I was always on the go before ds was born and would pack a bag and wizz off on a plane at the drop of a hat…..now a trip to a coffee morning in Scotch Hall is a huge milestone for me.

I think your great 3 kids isnt easy, I have one and Its such a task at time. Fair play to you losing the weight and keep it up

I think we will order a bus just for Mumstowners 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

joey_rudd

You do a great job as a mum taylor no matter what view or feelings you have about it, if you weren’t A wouldn’t be such a great little fella

I burst into tears if anyone says anything negative about the way i’m bringing up my family, but i’m good at hiding my depression, i don’t talk to anyone, everyone thinks i just do it naturally

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.