transport topics???

Home Forums Louth Chat transport topics???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

hi all,

I write a weekly column called ‘people on the move’ in Drogheda and was wondering if anyone has any thing they would like to get off their chest.

Over the past few weeks I’ve written about train charges, petrol prices, difficulties of getting around town with a buggy, speed bumps and the toll charges

is there anything else bugging you that you would like brought up. I represent you so want to write about things that affectyou on a daily basis.

please PM or reply to me…thanks in advance for your suggestions and ideas

thanks,
    Siobhan

Jedt
    Keymaster

hi all,

is there anything that bothers you about getting around Drogheda

Please let me know and I’ll highlight it in my weekly column

thanks
    Siobhan

yummymummy

eh the 4 pedestrian walks at the bottome of west st and peter street!
    all the yellow lines and the boxes for parking that have cropped up all over the place, makes it harder to drive on the roads as the parking takes up half of it!
    on a lighter note, i think the 1 way system on the windmill road is a god send!!!!!

Sandra C

which way is the traffic going on windmill lane?
    that road was a nightmare to travel on.

Taylor5

Down from Mother hughes towards the hospital, only noticed that the other day.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Sandra & Co.

What’s so bad about windmill lane???

Thanks,
    Siobhan

Taylor5

Its fine now, but before it went one way you had traffic parked on each side of the road and two way traffic, you would have to turn your mirrors in sometimes to squash through some tiny gaps

yummymummy

oh jesus its soooooo much better now that they have made it one way!!!!! you could be stuck on it for ages if you met something coming the other way especially a truck. dont see any problems since they made it one way tis grand!!! plus the you dont have the gridlock of people trying to go southbound on it from moneymore clogging up that road and sitting in yellow box!

dont like all the pay and display all over the place now though, the parking space markings are making the roads thinnner.

Jedt
    Keymaster

hi girls,

thanks for that – so youre saying its better now but you have to pay for the privilege!

Well, if its safer then thats something.

how do you find getting kids out of car and buggies etc. do you have enough room to do it safely?

thanks again, brilliant stuff as always!!
    Siobhan

Taylor5

Oh dont start me on that, I hate how you park in you space then some muppet only gives you a few inches and your have to put child in another door and then clamber in yourself…… I find with my bump I have to allow more space to get in and out, I feel terrible saying this but I bashed a car with my door the other day, I could only open my door about 1.5 feet, I was squashing my bump into the door while trying not the bump the other car, I got soooooo pissed off I bashed the door off the other car 😳

yummymummy

You will have to pay to park on the windmill road but that doesnt bother me as i dont park on it, i think its a welcome relief to the residents and also the homeonwers of anville cresent as you could neither get in nor out of there easily.

Its also good now cos maybe people will actually use the purpose built hospital car park on the crosslanes, they have a shuttle bus that runs from there to the hospital and they are putting in a wider footpath, so all is good.

Im talking about the pay and display they now have , hmm dunno the name of the road but the one heading along the quays after greenhills. road is thinner because of it and it could become a danger as alot of trucks use that road to get to the port so i can foresee some damaged cars!!

munchin
    Participant

taylor i know it’s not funny but i’m giggling at you trying to get into car 😆 😆 only because it reminded me of going to do some xmas shopping when i was about 8months pregnant i finally found a space and couldn’t get out of the friggin car – bump wouldn’t fit! dh was in stitches laughing at me when i got home!

Taylor5

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I wouldnt mind I had left loads of room on the right I park well over to the left of my space so I would have more room….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.