Traffic Lights Out – Weekend

Home Forums Louth Chat Traffic Lights Out – Weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ok… What is the deal with thetraffic lights in Drogheda lately?

Several times over the Christmas and this entire weekend the main traffic lights at 3 major junctions in Drogheda were out… At Scotch Hall/Quays, and the 2 main Junctions on the Dublin Road

SO Dangerous!!!!!

I was dumb-founded that no traffic warden was assigned to assist with heavy weekend traffic – Saturday was dreadful!

:shock:

mumof2

Jene its an absolute disgrace. People are just guessing that someone else is giving them the right of way. All it will take is one lula to come flying throught and cause an accident and then the tears will start. If the lights are out the traffic wardens should be there. I will stop at the cause if i keep going I wont stop.

Taylor5

traffic wardens 😆 😆 😆 😆
    They only give parking tickets, its the Garda who should be there. The traffic on the right have the right of way, it reverts to the flow of a roundabout type free flow.
    I did hear that the time over christmas the light were out, due to a wide load passing through Drogheda, dont know if it was coming off the boats or what

happymumblemum
    Participant

it was a new kiln taylor for the cement works and yes it was off the boat

Canucklass

Lights are a disgrace! We came through on Sat or was it Sun and they were out but the Guards were there. Another time thye were out we saw a car come flying through and crunch into another. I almost wet myself I was so scared!

Yvonne

The Xtra vision junction is lethal! Surprised there hasn’t been a couple of accidents…

traffic wardens 😆 😆 😆 😆
    They only give parking tickets, its the Garda who should be there.

oh yeah! 😆

I know the traffic to the right has right of way…but no one seems to be minding this at all and you could be stuck there all day waiting for a polite driver!

It really is a disgrace and I am dumbfounded that a large town like drogheda wouldn’t emply the garda to assist in this

Taylor5

I know your right, but its a case of being assertive and cautious at the same time IYKWIM

Cant see why they didnt have an engineer on call to flick the switch to turn the lights back on! Im sure they could bill the company who were moving the wideload….

mumof2

Ok so I said traffic wardens 😳 😳 😳 I meant to say the guards to direct the traffic. And traffic wardens. Dont even go there with me. Hope you had a good laugh at my mistake taylor5. 😳 😳 😉

Taylor5

Im on the panel for the job of traffic warden in Drogheda, could you imagine ❓ ❓ ❓ Crying with laughter here….

Sure dont know what your worried about traffic lights for, you stop at green lights 🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆

joey_rudd

are you sure you two are friends! 😆 😆 😆 🙄

Taylor5

Not when she tries to kill me:!: Your my witness Joey 😆 😆 😆

joey_rudd

😆 😆 😆 …..at least there wasn’t anyone else around to see it

Taylor5

Or rear end us…. but she gave us a lift so I better stop giving out about her or it will be my last lift 😆 😆 😆 😆

joey_rudd

thats true…… 😯 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.