toy clear out time….!

Home Forums National Chat toy clear out time….!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Okay, so it is that time of year again….

where can we give our old toys to…. that will accept them and have use for them?

Jedt
    Keymaster

We did this last night too….filled a black bag with toys and clothes, going to drop to the SVP and also, going to leave some small gifts for Women’s refuge at the customer service desk in Laurence Town Centre at our event next Tuesday. Even a hat & scarf wrapped up would be much appreciated. 🙂

MaryE

You could give them to any of the following:

>Olol use to take plastic toys for their playroom ( i presume that they still do)

>All the charity shops

> A local creche

> Also the play area in the bagel bar, could do with a few toys.

chewieodie
    Participant

mmm… like the Bagel Bar idea….

and all the others of course…. 😉

Susan… how’d ya feel about some more toys… before we all inundate you?

pookie2

I discovered (to my surprize) last summer that the women’s refuge in Dundalk only takes new toys (regardless of how perfect they are) & so does the Hospice Shop (only in original boxes)…

Mother & toddler groups often would love them.

Also, a friend of mine has an autistic 3 year old & is constantly looking for any kind of cause & effect toys (push a button & something happens etc). Would be delighted to pass stuff on.

And finally: I have a 2 year old Bob fanatic & a 3 year old Sam devotee on my hands, so feel free to contact me if any said toys look like going homeless….. I have no pride! :lol:

In this day & age, there’s no reason why decent toys shouldn’t have several fulfilling lives!

chewieodie
    Participant

Within the next couple of days I’ll have a root through…. and if anything ticks any boxes Pookie… I’ll be in touch! 😉

pookie2

Much appreciated!

MaryE

I was talking to someone in Drogheda womens refuge today & they said that at the moment they are only taking new toys in preperation for christmas but will be taking second hand ones again inthe new year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.