Tooth Fairy

Home Forums National Chat Tooth Fairy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    EJ

I just had to share this…
    My 6 yr old, lost yet another tooth yesterday, we had a busy day and somehow the tooth fairy forgot to come. The look on my daughters face at 7am this morning as she peered at me with the tooth in her hand was heart breaking. Still half asleep I gave an excuse for the tooth fairy, and she put the tooth back under her pillow…
    This afternoon I prompted her to check had the Tooth Fairy come yet, she went to see, and then bounded down the stairs excitedly, shouting ‘not just coins mammy, look!’ The Tooth Fairy had written her a note, in tiny hand writing, explaining how a lot of boys and girls had lost their teeth yesterday, and she was just so busy and very sorry for being so late, but it was a great tooth, ideal for the shiny palace she was making…
    My daughter was so delighted with that, se didnt even want to put the coins in her money box, as they were special, and shouldnt get mixed up with the others.
    All together now, aaawww!

scole1

great idea ahhhh how sweet, nope she’s enjoying the tooth fairy note….

EJ

Its definitely a keeper!!!

joey_rudd

thats so sweet…wait till the price goes up in a few years

EJ

Why, what age do you break it to them that… you know the bad news???

has anyone older kids that they’ve had to do this to? What did you say?

rossylisa

i voted 5 euro but that was for her first tooth after that they startted falling out all together so what ever chang i had she got … someone told my dd that there was nt a tooth fairy but i just said well if you dont believe in the fairies then they wont come to you….. she loves fairies so ill get another year or so out of that 😀

Taylor5

I think 5 euro is a bit ott (Sorry Rossy), dont forget they have lots of milk teeth and it could add up to a fair bit 🙄 I think start as you mean to go on, I think coins are enough… maybe 1 or 2 euro. Its just a token… Id pull me own teeth out if I though I’d be left 20 quid under my pillow 😆 😆 😆 😆

joey_rudd

my mam never did the tooth fairy thing, if our teeth fell out that was it nothing, so i’m looking forward to making a big deal out of it with my children…i have a few years yet before that happens

Young Actor

aww that was so cute…. Fair play to ya EJ… i know swome parents that just wouldnt bother at all…. very sweet. x

Yvonne

Thats a lovely story, I’ll also have to wait a few years to have this!

yummymummy

aw that is a cute idea. personally id be with rossy on this €5 for the first tooth and then coins for the rest. my mam and dad always made a big deal outta the tooth fairy, easter bunny etc and i hope to keep that up for j. he 6 now and not a sign of any teeth going, we were actually checking this morning hehe

EJ

Janey Mac, he hasnt lost a tooth yet???

My daughter is 6 and that was the last of her 4 front teeth. Granted she is a tall 6, and the milk teeth falling out has more to do with their scull and jaws getting bigger, than eating too many sweets.

Luckily they all fell out at different times, so she never had a hugely gappy mouth.

EM

yummymummy

yeah a little girl across the road is nearly 7 but hers started to fall out just b4 her 6th b day!!!
    i dunno, there not a sign of any of them being loss, i didnt lose mine till i was 7, big gummy mouth for my first communion hehe

pinkbabe

L has lost the 4 front ones & her 1st she got 5 euro then 2 euro for the rest she was given a tooth fairy story book when she was a baby & it had a little bag in it for her to put her teeth in when they go under the pillow so they don’t get lost & a lovely story about the tooth fairy.

I always got money for my teeth but I really can’t remember how much so I am guessing the amount doesn’t really matter if I can’t even remember it.

Poor R is dying for his to come out.

L has 2 more years til communion will the new ones have grown?

ed1
    Participant

hi pink, yes her new teeth should have growen back by then. my R lost his only last year and they were grown back in no time. they were grand for his 1st communion photos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.