Tonne of Turf

Home Forums Louth Chat Tonne of Turf

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • #105176

    Was talking to the man in Bohills in Drogheda today, he was telling me about a local man who is selling 1 tonne skip bags full of turf for 100e… i thought this was a great price, cheaper then bails of briquettes (sp)

    plus you get to keep the sand/skip bag


    Hi its up in the Donore business park, across the road from the nct centre… if you turn at Tom Fox honda showroom, its just about 50 yards on the left


    where’s bohills?


    Is Bohills not gone? The Bohills of Termonfeckin, Donore Road…???


    Termonfeckin back open was onto them today, advert in on second page of the leader….. they arent selling the turf, but he told me he has the number for this man, they buy the turf to burn in the showroom


    oh another thing i found today for anyone with an open fire… bags of slack in the top garage 10e for 40kg bag….. its like small broken bits of coal, like what you get at the end of a bag


    Hi Taylor – where is the top garage – dp has been looking to get slack….thanks

    Missy Moo


    By any chance did you get a number for the turf man?

    Bohills were T’feckin but closed and moved to Donore Road. Unfortunately that didn’t work out for them and they are now back in T’feckin. We just bought a new stove from them


    Missy Moo i was told about the turf man in bohills, i didnt take the number off him as i dont have my stove yet… ring bohills they will give you the number



    Father of two young children killed by fumes from stove fire

    By Grainne Cunningham

    Saturday November 27 2010

    A father-OF-TWO has died after apparently inhaling poisonous fumes from a wood-burning stove in his own home.

    Declan Murphy (38) of Lime Tree Lodge, Woodbrook, Portarlington, Co Laois, was rushed to Midland Regional Hospital in Portlaoise shortly after the incident on Thursday at about 9.30pm, but later died from his injuries.

    His wife Siobhan and anotherman, understood to be relative of the dead man, were also treated in hospital after they inhaled some of the toxic gas. Both are said to be okay after the incident.

    The couple, from Lime Tree Lodge, Woodbrook, Portarlington in Co Laois, have two small children aged three years and six months. It is not known whether the children were in the house when the incident occurred but they did not require medical treatment.

    The Health and Safety Authority (HSA) and the gardai are investigating.

    A spokesman for the HSA said that the authority was aware of the incident and an inspector had visited the Murphy’s home to examine the circumstances.

    While mystery still surrounds the incident, it is understood that Mr Murphy had gone to add wood pellets to the stove when he was overcome by the fumes.


    His wife and the other man, who tried to pull Mr Murphy to safety, were also affected but managed to escape serious injury.

    Local councillor Ray Cribbin said the couple were very well known in the area and that the whole community was shocked by the "terrible" incident.

    He described Mr Murphy as "a most gifted man" who was able to build a house from start to finish.

    He had worked in the building trade for some time and had recently returned from a spell working in Dubai.

    "This is a tragedy of the worst kind," Mr Cribbin said.

    "Our hearts go out to the family."

    A spokeswoman for the Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise confirmed that Mr Murphy’s wife and the other man would be "okay".

    Gardai said they are not treating Mr Murphy’s death as suspicious.

    – Grainne Cunningham

    Irish Independent


    God thats terrible…. my brother has a pellet stove!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.