tin whistle

Home Forums Louth Chat tin whistle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    angelmum

hi guys just want to put something out there.im looking for someone to teach me to play the tin whistle.only problem is i have no money to pay anyone so if someone was willing to teach me it would be out of the goodness of their heart.if thety could also sing it would be good as i am also loking fro some singing lessons or more so some voice training as i can already sing but find i get s sore throat after i sing for any length of time.i have enquired about lessons but cannott afford them.just thought ig there was someone with some spare time and lots of talent you could help me out.any takers

chewieodie
    Participant

I wouldn’t be able to help with the tin whistle….
    but could with the singing…..:)

Martina
    Participant

Tin Whistle is easy enough to get going by yourself. Look in the Library for tutorials. There are some really good Books with CD’s available, I know quite a few that have learned that way. Then if you decide you want to put the money into lessons, look to your local Comhaltas. They do group lessons and aren’t that expensive.

angelmum

hi again,i actually rang the comhaltas group and they were to get back to me but didnt.must check them out again as i think they meet somewhere in ballsgrove.chewie would you really do that.maybe i could do some ironing or something like that in return.that would be really great.

chewieodie
    Participant

Aw hun, it would be my pleasure… no worries at all. I am not a singing teacher, but have spent most of my younger days on stage, whether in musical theatre or with a band. So, I’m willing to pass on any tips I can… no problem. You are pretty close to me if I’m not mistaken….. I’m in Bettystown.

scole1

angelmum, i can say chewie is NO GOOD with a tin whistle, but by God can she throw out a note or three…enjoy, she doesn’t need an excuse to use those vocal chords of hers…..

Taylor5

did you look on youtube for the tin whistle?

chewieodie
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 Thanks Scole!!! And when last did you hear me on the tin whistle???
    Last time I remember "playing" there was a lot of wine involved…. and lets just say "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"….
    😆 😆 😆

Fabienne

Chewieodie can I pretend I want singing lessons to hear you sing?

There is no way you can teach me how to sing or to have a notion of rythm, my case is desperate.
    On my last job interview over 3 years ago it’s one of the things I mentioned, I refuse to sing!
    Still got the job and later was asked/pushed to sing.
    I manage to have to do it only once for less than 20 seconds.
    But it’s hard to push the pupils to sing when I don’t.
    Still every I teach them a couple of songs and it’s working.

But I’d love to hear your voice.

Fabienne

angelmum

yes chewie im near so i will give you a shout when the kids go back to school next week.your so good.im going up today to buy my whistle.i have a good ear as they say so i think i will be able to learn a bit of the whistle myself.i should be fine at the slow airs but my fingers are short and dont move very fast so thats my problem with anything faster.no smart comments please on the old finger thing.things are looking up……..cheers guys

chewieodie
    Participant

Fabs….. if you REALLY wanted to hear me sing…. I often lead the singing at the Star of the Sea church in Mornington…. 😉 And what exactly were you being interviewed to do? Singing isn’t normally a requirement! 😆 😆 😆

And Angelmum…. yip, we can touch sides once the kids go back to school…. makes things easier all around…. We’ll have a giggle, I’m sure…x

Fabienne

The job was french teacher in primary school and it has to be taught a fun way with games and songs (did not know before I applied).

The real last time I sang, I was about 12 years old and since that day I promised myself I will never to it again.
    I do sing 20 seconds at the time max couple of times a year, doesn’t really count.

I know I missed you in Prawn festival, but I heard that the organisation / stage was awfull and did not do justice to your voice.
    Can’t really go into a church (makes me sad), but any other place.
    Or once you and angelmum want some spectators for your first concert, count me in.

Maybe once you mastered the gaelge, you’ll sing with the school at a concert. I’ll be there supporting the kids and you.

Fabienne

Taylor5

Where did you buy your tin Whistle? My ds asked me for one this evening, dont know if they are doing it in school but said some of his friends have them

angelmum

got it in the sound shop.was only 6euros.i played a little bit on it but not much yet.i will probably drive my family mad.they have already said i have to play it when no one else is around

chewieodie
    Participant

Saw in the Drog Leader today that Colaiste na hinse is starting tin whistle classes…
    (East Coast Adult Education)

colaistenahinse.ie/meathvec.ie

for further info….

From the ad in the paper it looks like it is e110 for 8 weeks… Wed nights from 7.30 – 9.30pm.

Just in case anyone was interested….. 😉

And Angelmum… that was fun this morning!… Roll on the next time! x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.