Time is passing so swiftly…..

Home Forums National Chat Time is passing so swiftly…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Am I the only one who can’t keep up? Feels like I am constantly trying to catch my tail! Sort out the kids in the morning, make lunches, head to work, get home from work, get the kids, homework, dinner, and then sort out bed….. seems like an unending cycle…. and somewhere in there the housework has to be done. Needless to say the house looks like a bombsite, and I never seem to get through Mount Washmore….
    Ah…. just feeling exhausted! And of course in between that its bake cakes, sing for weddings / funerals….. and the practises that have to happen….. Never enough hours in the day. Oh to win the lottery, go on holiday, and relax…… :roll: :lol:

munchin
    Participant

oh yes I know exactly what you mean Chewie – not enough hours in the day at the minute 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

l call it ‘running to stand still’ – thats how l feel!!

Between working and managing the house, kids, GAA, football, yoga and trying to get out for a few runs myself or head to a class at labfitness once or twice a week, I feel like I am on a hamster wheel!!! 😀

I am happy and love my life (most days anyway!) but I do feel knackered some days and feel like I am meeting myself coming back……

lellykelly

I feel your pain. Its non-stop and added to that are all the worries and concerns that go with running a family and home, not to mention putting work into marriage and time with my extended family and friends. I find leaving the kids to go to work and not being there for the little things so hard, despite the fact that I’ve always done it and i know that they are saffe and happy. That takes up a lot of my thinking time!

In between all that, life moves on so quickly. lately I’ve been feeling very sad that my little girl is 8 & seems to have done a lot of growing up without me realising. When i think of how few christmasses are left with her believing……but It seems like only a couple of years ago she was my baby. I am finding it very hard to let her go yet i know its only a little bit now, what will i be like when shes 14/15??!!! My husband has a great way of looking at and keeps reminding me that these are the ‘good aul days’ which is really true. I think about that a lot now, at least once a day and it makes me pick something from the day that makes me smile, most times its something from home.

trixiebell
    Participant

I totally agree with this, and im a stay a home mum from this June, and there are not enough hours in the day!

I have a long list of things that I would love to get done, once I get some of this free time that I thought I would’ve had 🙄 , I dunno how I did do it all when I worked full time now looking back!

chewieodie
    Participant

But then… I sit back and count my blessings….. and I smile… 🙂

Yeah, we don’t have enough money…. but we have each other, and happy kids, who are happy with the little creative things that we do with them!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.